─ xxvii. botanical

Outfit of the chapter ^^^

Lola woke up the next morning without Jughead. All she saw was a letter on the pillow next to hers in his handwriting.
It wrote:

Sorry to leave
My mom would've freaked if she found out I was gone.
I promised Betty I'll be at her house for breakfast
So, I'll see you at school.
Also I'll drop by tonight...

Yours truly,
Juggiehead

Lola smiled a little at the note, shoving it in her dresser next to her bed. She sighed and threw the blankets off of her and got out of bed.
She got dressed real quick and was out the door and on her way to school.

-

"Thanks to a certain Veronica Ex-Machina, excuse me." Kevin said, sitting next to Jughead on the picnic table during lunch. Veronica, Betty, Jughead, Archie and Kevin started talking about the Variety Show as Lola approached them.

"What do you mean?" Veronica asked.

"If you're talking about you talking to the host/director about his singing," Lola said, standing at the table. Everyone looked at her in surprised. Jughead slowly smiled at the sight of his girlfriend. "Then you'd be right."

"Well, hello your majesty!" Kevin said excitedly. He pulled her into a gentle hug. "Some say pretty in pink, I say beautiful in black."

Lola giggled, sitting in between Betty and Jughead. Said boy pulled her in between his legs and held her tightly by the waist. "You okay?" He whispered in her ear. She caressed his arms and nodded. "I will be." Jughead leaned his lips and nose on her shoulder.

"How've you been since Manic's,...you know." Betty asked concerned for her friend. Lola sighed, pursing her lips. "Not good...I haven't seen him since and he called me yesterday."

"What did he say?" Veronica asked, very interested. Everyone leaned in to hear what she had to say. She looked around for a second and leaned in a bit. "He didn't say much,me just said he was staying with someone and that he'll be back...but not now...."

"That's....weird." Jughead mumbled.

"Very..." Archie agreed. "That's all he said?"

Lola nodded sadly. "Yeah....my mom and dad are trying like crazy to find him."

Veronica gave her a small sad smile. "I'm sorry, Lo....Jason's death and Thornhill must have been too much for him for the moment."