─ xxvi. badlands

Low key proud of the chapter name 😆

Three weeks.....three weeks and nothing on Manic has surfaced. But in those three weeks, Jughead and Betty found out that Polly and Jason was engaged. But that's about what she heard or wanted to hear. Like a mindless zombie, she carried on about those weeks. No emotion...no type of interaction unless it was Jughead or her parents. She was hurt and miserable without her brother. Her other half.

It was Saturday. She didn't bother to leave her room unless she was hungry or needed to use the bathroom. She laid on her bed, looking at the ceiling. No word from Manic and it was tearing her apart.

"Mija!" The shrill voice of her mother, Caramia, yelled as she entered her room. Lola didn't bother to look at her. And that alone hurt Caramia.

She sighed and sat down on the end of her bed, placing a hand on her leg. "Sweetie, you've been like this for over three weeks,my our father and I are beginning to worry."

She stayed silent. Not wanting to speak.

"Why don't you call over that really nice boy uh.....Jughead?" Caramia tried, with a smile. "He's really good looking and sweet."

Lola looked at her mom with a blank face. Any other time, she would be happy that her mom approves of her boyfriend but now, she was under so much stress to even smile. "Thanks but he's busy finding himself another job."

Caramia sighed in defeat. Nothing was gonna bring her out of this gloomy state. So she did what she knew would help. She let her deal with it on her own. "Okay, mija. I'm gonna go down to your fathers job, we're gonna be gone for the whole night. If you need anything, call me okay?"

Lola nodded her head, turning to her side. Caramia looked at her daughter once more before smiling softly at her and leaving.

It had been five minutes since she left and Lola had only moved from her bed twice. Nothing but silence as she laid down on her bed. But then her phone ranged loudly , causing her to almost jump. She looked at the id and saw Yin 🌙 blare with Manics picture on the screen. Jumping up, she quickly answered the phone. "Manic, where are you, I've been worried sick!!"

"Hey sis," was all he said. His voice sounded rough and dark.

Lola sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "Jojo....where are you?"

"I....I can't tell you...I uh I found Jack, I'm staying with him for a while...."

Lola frowned. Jack? What was he doing with Jack? When did he have time to talk to Jack? What was going on? Nothing made sense to her anymore. "Jack? Why are you with him, mom is gonna freak if she-"

"Then don't tell her." Manic said calmly. "Look....I want you to know that...I love you, Lolo....always have, always will."

"Manic, you're not making any sense." She said, a sob escaping her lips. But Manic just stayed silent. Like he was blocking her out.

".....ill be back, just not now..."

"Manic," she tried again, wiping her tears. "Manic, what is going on? Let me help you, please don't do this to me. Don't push me away...."

"......bye, Lolo."

With that, he hung up. Lola froze. That didn't sound like her brother. Manic wouldn't do that to her. Her brother would always talk to her about whatever was on their mind. Not shut them out. His voice sounded darker and gritty. Whoever that was, wasn't her brother.

She laid back down and closed her eyes, crying herself to sleep, once again.

-

It was about 9:30 pm and the sounds of knocking on her window woke up the Cuban-Puerto Rican girl up. Her eyes red and puffy, she rose up from her bed and walked over to her balcony. There she saw Jughead with his hair out of his hat, wearing a short sleeved grey shirt and black pajama pants and converse. Lola's eyes widened at the sight. She quietly opened the glass doors, letting him in. "Juggy, are you crazy? You're lucky my parents are gonna be gone for the whole night!"

"It's a risk I'm willing to take for you," he said back, walking in the room. Her room was about the size of an apartment, big and spacey. Something he expected from a rich family. "Besides, I tried calling you but you didn't answer."

Closing the doors, Lola sighed. She turned to him. "Sorry, I fell asleep."
Jughead knew there was more to that. But considering what she's going through, he didn't want to push it. But that didn't mean he wasn't going to be there for his girlfriend when she needed someone.

"You wanna talk about it?"

Lola fiddled with her thumbs, nodding. "No...I just want you to stay with me....keep the bad dreams away."

Jughead looked at her. His face smooth from any other emotion except love and care. He grabbed her hand and guided her to her bed. Lola followed his lead and got under the covers and laid her head next to his, cuddling up to his body. He wrapped his arms around her like a cocoon. Their faces only centimeters away, hearts beating as one. Lola felt safe and warm. Something she needed for the moment. And forever. Jughead was the perfect guy for her. She might not have seen it before but, now she sees it. And she doesn't want it to go away.

Jughead moved a strand of hair out of her face. She looking into his green eyes, tracing lines over his face.
"Will you stay with me forever?"

She knew forever was never promised and that it was silly of her to ask that but she wanted some kind of closure or reassurance.

Jughead pressed his lips on hers, which she quickly kissed back. He pulled away and laid his forehead on hers and she closed her eyes, enjoying the moment.

"I'm not going anywhere....for as long as I live..."

So I saw tonight's episode and I'm gonna ignore the bug head kiss and possibly, the whole episode. Maybe...
Also I just saw Logan tonight and......I'm still healing from that awesome but sad movie.

Tell me how you liked this chapter. Leave comments and love ❤️

See you on the flip side