─ xiii. mind of a psychopath

( chapter thirteen!)
─ you can't tell me you understand because you don't

Date : July 3rd

Saint Paul's General Hospital

"Your son has bi polar disorder with involuntary narcissistic rage," Dr. Hererra stated to Caramia and Geovani Montoya. Both adults faces turned to sadness and disbelief. Dr. Hererra looked at them with such sympathy, hating that he had to break the bad news to them. "Which can also be identified as Intermittent Explosive disorder, has he had any angry fits, maybe broken stuff because he was angry or got into fights at school?" Caramia gasped, looking at her husband with tears in her eyes. Geovani squeezed his wife's hand as he looked at the doctor with determined eyes.

"There was one time...a boy at the park kept pulling at Lola's hair and uh...he stabbed the boy in the shoulder," he explained. Dr. Hererra hummed, thinking for a second. He could tell this wasn't the only time that happened. They were hiding something.

"In all of my career, I've dealt with many different cases of this ....but none like this," he said, leaning forward. "Something tells me that this isn't the only thing...is it?"

Caramia shook in her seat as tears fell. She couldn't hide this from either of them. Not like this.
"Manic killed a man,"

Geovani whipped his head took her, holding a shocked and almost angry look while the doctor simply looked at her, letting her continue her story. "Last week, I took the kids with me to see their uncle Ernesto just across town," Caramia sobbed out, shaking. "And....his friend tried to kiss me but I kept pushing away but...h-he just k-kept coming back and Manic......"

"What did a Manic do?" Geovani asked, his voice getting louder. "What did he do?!"

Caramia bowed her head, face covered by her long black hair. "Manic just kept stabbing him..." She sobbed out. Geovani felt as if the wind was knocked out of him. He let go of her hand and leaned back on his chair. His son couldn't be a killer. He didn't want to believe it. It couldn't be true. Dr. Herrera sighed, rubbing his forehead, stressed out by this information, it was crazy.

Caramia lifted her head, sobs getting louder. "You got to believe me, he's not a bad boy, he was protecting me,"

"How does Jack get involved in this?" Geovani asked, impassively.
She looked at him, holding back her crying but was not successful.

"Jack stopped him and helped me hide the body," she said, fiddling with her cross around her necklace. "He said that he would take the blame but I didn't want him to do it, I tried to stop him,"

"You let them believe Jack....our oldest was the one to who killed him?" Geovani whispered harshly, glaring at her.

"Geovani I'm sorry," she desperately apologized. "I tried to stop him I really did but Lola only saw Jack covered in his blood and Manic looked at me as if he had no memory of what happened,"

"No memory?" The doctor spoke up.

She nodded. "When he stabbed that kid, five seconds later he had no memory of stabbing him it was like someone else was taking over him,"

"Oh no," he mumbled, fearfully. "This is bad,"

"What's bad?"'Geovani asked, confused. How bad can this already get? This whole situation was terrible enough. Now what?

"Mr and Mrs. Montoya, I am telling you this as a friend," he said, in a fast pace. "You have got to send Manic to a mental facility because if you don't, this can only get worse and medicine can only take him so far. He can grow up and slowly lose control of his own sanity and if you don't get him the help he needs, he will lose all of his sanity."

This is just part one to Jack's background.

So if you already knew he was his brother, then congrats😉👏🏼 you win a cookie....if I had one to give you...

So it turned out Caramia did lie to them and Manic suffers from a terrible mental disability. Could you see the signs throughout this whole book so far? (i.e Reggie, Hunter McCall, etc.)

But do you think Manic will feel if he finds out?
He has no memory of ever killing anyone p, I can only imagine he would be super pissed.

*Gasp* will Jack spill the beans?!

Do you think Manic deserves to know?

If so, how do you think he would react to the truth?

How would Lola react to the truth?

Leave your comments and reactions, I love hearing from you guys!

See ya on the flip side!!