─ xix. handle me with caution

( chapter nineteen! )
─ I come with a caution sign

Lola never did find Jughead after the park. But when she did find him the next day, she got too scared to tell him anything. Her! Lola Rosalina Montoya, the Riverdale Ice Queen was too scared to admit anything to Jughead!

But she did get another opportunity to do so.

She walked through the empty hall during 5th period to get to the bathroom and she noticed him at his locker, stuffing flyers in. She took a deep breath, to calm herself down and started to walk towards him.

"Hey Juggy," she said, causing him to jump, hitting his head in his locker. "Oh! I'm sorry!"

"Damnit!" He winced, rubbing his head. "What the h-"

He stopped himself once he noticed Lola standing there. He blushed and straightened up his posture a bit. "H-Hey Lola, I wasn't gonna...you know I was really talking about y-"

"Do you wanna go out sometime?" She blurted out, stopping his rambling. Jughead paused. Froze. Stop, all variations of that same word. What? What is real life?

He had to be dreaming. This had to be a dream. Or a prank.
A prank sounded more realistic. This had to be a prank. There was no way she was asking him out on a date. No, no way.

"Look, I know I'm not the nicest girl or the prettiest," she started nervously.

"Are you kidding? You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen!" He blurted out. The way she paused and stared at him mad him realize what he said.

"Oh uh...uh I mean y-you're very pretty I-I was j-just..."

She kissed his cheek, making him stop. "I understand and thank you. How about I see you in the office room during closing night only if you play The Outsiders."

Jughead blushed really red. If he was honest with himself, he was in a daze. He didn't hear a word she said after 'see you in the office room'. So he just agreed with anything she said.

"Yeah, yeah sure." He said with a goofy smile.

She smiled excitedly. "Okay, um.. I'll see you there then."

Again, he didn't hear her much. Just smiled goofily and agreed with whatever she said. "Yeah, sure...yeah,"

Lola smiled and walked the other direction, almost jumping in joy like a giddy school girl. "I gotta find Kevin, Veronica and Betty." She mumbled to herself,p before speed walking towards the student lounge.