─ iii. buddies

( chapter three! )
let's go be psychos together

( chapter three! )─ let's go be psychos together

"MONTOYA!" 

Lola stopped at her track when she heard a familiar voice from behind her. She rolled her eyes and turned around. Sure enough, there was Cheryl and her followers wearing their cheerleading outfits.

Cheryl had a fake smile plastered on her face. "There you are, I've been looking all over for you today,"

"What a coincidence, I've been avoiding you everywhere," She said. Cheryl laughed, as did her two followers as if she said something funny or was joking. But she was serious. She was avoiding her. "Oh, Lolo, you are so funny."

Lola scrunched her eyebrows together. There was that nickname all of her close friends gave her. She secretly found it very unpleasant. But, whatever. "What do you want, Cheryl?"

"I saw you talking to Jones today at lunch," She said, with a disgusted tone. "Why were you talking to that loser?"

"Who I talk to is none of anyone's business," Lola retaliated with light menace in her voice. "Besides, he's a new friend,"

Cheryl scoffed, waving her dainty hand dismissively. Of course, Lola wouldn't be friends with one of the bottom feeders of the school. She new better. "Oh please, you're too funny,"

Again, she didn't say anything funny.

"So, how's your brother Manic?" She asked rather flirtaciously. Lola didn't like that. She knew that Cheryl had some form of crush on her brother. Not in the 'Oh I hope we fall in love one day' way but more in the 'I wanna ride his Puerto Rican dick like a rodeo show' way and she was way too protective of her brother to let that happen. Even though, Manic wouldn't mind.

"Why do you wanna know?" She asked suspiciously.

Cheryl shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, just wondering. I heard he god buff this summer, you know like Archie and I was wondering if he was gonna try out for the football team," She said casually, leaning on the lockers. "I mean, that's what Jason would've wanted that for him..."

Lola rolled her ocean eyes once again. Here comes the guilt trip. "I don't care if he does or not, that's not my problem now I gotta go home."