─ iv. calm before

( chapter four! )
─ slowly, and then all at once

( chapter four! )─ slowly, and then all at once

-

     The night of the dance came and everyone was buzzing. Girls were primping and dressing in semi-formal clothes and guys were just ready to either get some or get drunk. Lola was doing neither. She hated dances. Or at lease unimportant ones. Like this one. Manic, however only went because he wanted to start trouble there. Like always.

Lola was leaning back on his bed as he kept combing his hair. "You know," She started, playing with a pen. "I don't understand why you bother to go, it's not like you have fun there,"

Manic rolled his eyes, ignoring his sister. "I'll have you know, I do have fun."

She scoffed loudly. Right. Fun. "Who's the poor girl?"

"Gigi, but who cares about that?" he turned and sat down on his rolling chair. He turned to his sister with a suspicious look. "So I hear that you're hanging out with Jones?"

Lola rolled her eyes, sitting up. "Okay, is this like on the front page of the towns news? 'Lola Montoya hangs out with Jughead Jones Oh the Horror!'"

Manic chuckled at her, "No but given your social status and his, you can imagine what people are thinking."

"And what are they thinking?"

He shrugged a little,"Oh you know, 'Did you see Jughead hanging out with Lola Rose at lunch?' and 'How in the hell did Jones managed to get Lola to hang out with him?' or my personal favorite 'How did a loser like him get a hottie like Lola to hang out with him?'"

She gave Manic a deadpan look. "Three guesses on who said the last one,"

Manic chuckled again, a little louder. "Look, I know you don't care about anyone or anything, just be careful," Lola furrowed her eyebrows a little. He sounded sincere and caring. Oppose to whenever a guy wanted to hang out with her, he would get silently angry and do something to the guy. "That sounded like you almost care." she joked, earning herself a balled up paper being thrown at her.

"I'm being serious, Lolo." He said with a small smile. "I care about you and I just don't want to see you hurt,"

Lola smiled sincerely at him. She felt warm that he cared about her feelings. "You just worry about your closet gay friend, Moose."

"He's closet bi-sexual and where are you going?" He asked, watching her get up and walk out of the room.

"Meeting someone tonight at Pop Tate's!" She yelled after, walking through the halls. "Have Fun!"