The Final Operation

It had been a week since the second operation, and everything was going to plan so far. Johnny Toast had learned how to put up with Jimmy, and Johnny Ghost realized how important Jimmy really was to him.
  Over the course of the last week, they had to call Maxwell and set up an appointment, since they forgot last time (even though it's still the exact same time and day of the week; they might as well have assumed that). Jimmy had forcibly taken control of Toast 6 times, fortunately not killing anybody. Finally, they went on three investigations at the Acachalla home (Nothing usual there).
  Soon enough, the day of the final operation crept up on them. At first, it seemed like it wasn't soon enough for Toast, who as much as he loved Jimmy platonicly, was truly going to miss the psychopath. He had grown a little fond of having someone to talk to all the time, but was also was ready for some alone time.
  The drive to the McDonald's had worn down in its novelty since the first, very exciting time. Even the car seemed to feel it was now routine. They pulled into the parking lot and it simply wasn't as spooky. It was just pretty green and glowy. There wasn't any reason to fear going in. The best way to describe it was "it exists".
  Ghost and Toast walked into the building to see the same machine with the same tables and the same Maxwell waiting for them. It was almost unreal how similar it was to the previous visits.
  Even Maxwell was unenthusiastic. He quickly laid the Johnnys on their spots on the table and barely went over the procedure. "You know the drill... I flip the switch, you stay still, pain... yada yada." Without giving anyone the time to think, he flipped the lever and the suffering started all over again.
~
  Johnny Ghost was both the first to pass  and the first to wake up. He rubbed his head and looked around. Realizing what had just occurred, he called out to Jimmy. "Jimmy?! Jimmy! Please tell me you're there!"
  There was no response for the first few moments; just the empty void of Ghost's mind. But that ended when Jimmy laughed. "I'm just messing with you, bro. I'm here."
  Ghost sighed in relief. "You got me." He admitted.
  "I wish I could've seen your face..." Jimmy sighed.
  "Hey, but look on the bright side: you're not a ghost." Ghost pointed out.
  "I may not be a ghost, but I'm certainly a Ghost." Jimmy chuckled.
  It was then that Toast came to, as well. "Did it work? I can't speak to Jimmy, sir!"
  "Rel-" Ghost started before he lost control of himself to Jimmy.
  "Sure did!", Jimmy twitched a little, freaking Toast out a little. Jimmy rolled his eyes, "Pft, can't you take a joke, Toaster! I'm just messing with you!" Jimmy punched Toast in the arm.
  "It's him alright..." Toast sighed silently.