The Plan With Maxwell

"What?" Jimmy was confused. Everything about Johnny Ghost's statement just didn't click with his brain.
"You heard me. We're going to be together again." Ghost said, full of confidence.
Jimmy was excited that he wouldn't really have to die, but he still had questions."But - how?"
"We'll get the doctor man to resemble us." Ghost replied.
"I don't think Maxwell can do that..." Jimmy sighed.
"Maxwell? HE did this?" Ghost was truly shocked.
"You hadn't already figured that out yet, sir?", Johnny Toast remarked, "It was obvious from the beginning..."
"I'm a bit slow, Johnny." Ghost snapped.
"Anyway," Jimmy continued, "I don't think Maxwell can do that, and I don't think he would either..."
"Wait, wait, wait! I still have questions!", Ghost interrupted, "Why on Earth would Maxwell do something like this for anyone, much less his enemies? And how did he do it in the first place?"
"I don't know the second one, but the answer to the first question is that he wanted to test it to see if he could get himself into a body and he owed me a favor." Jimmy answered.
"You have connections with Maxwell Acachalla?" Toast asked curiously.
"Yes..." Jimmy hissed.
"Ok, moving on, we need to at least try to get him to." Ghost said.
"I guess you're right." Jimmy agreed.
"Hey, I wouldn't want to under estimate Maxwell's powers..." Toast commented.
"So, should I call him now or something?" Jimmy asked.
Ghost looked over to the clock on the stove. It read 7:40. "Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. I don't think he's busy now, but what would I know about Maxwell?" Ghost shrugged.
"Here.", Toast handed over his phone, "We really need to get you your own phone."
"Well, it's too late now." Jimmy sighed as he dialed Maxwell's number.
"Who is this?" Maxwell snapped when he answered the phone.
"Relax... It's me, Jimmy." Jimmy replied nonchalantly.
"Look, I told you that you were dying and that was that -"
"No, that's not why I'm calling. Take a chill pill, Maxy!" Jimmy laughed and Maxwell grunted.
"Make it quick... I've got things to do you know..." Maxwell hissed.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever....", Jimmy cleared his throat, "I'm going to need you to put me in Johnny's body."
"I thought you said this wasn't about that, Casket!" Maxwell snarled.
"It's not about me dying, is it?" Jimmy laughed again.
"Ok, whatever, I might be able to, but I'd have to transfer you to another living person first."
That didn't make any sense to Jimmy. "Why couldn't you just put me in Ghostie first? Why would you have to transfer me twice? Seems redundant to me."
"Because Ghost's body has already been through some shit," Maxwell explained, "and putting a raw spirit that had been removed once from it would unbalance his systems. If I move you in someone else first, you'll absorb some of them and there for be different, even if it was just slightly, when I put you back."
That still didn't make sense to Jimmy. "But why would it unbalance him?"
"Think of it this way, Casket: if you were transplanting someone's heart, would you put the same organ back in?" Maxwell asked.
"No, that would be inefficient and the person wouldn't live!" Jimmy felt proud for being able to logically figure that out.
"Well then, that would be like putting your raw form that he's already had ripped away back in." Maxwell concluded.
"Ooooh. That makes sense... I think?"
"Never mind, Casket, you're too dumb to get it." Maxwell sighed.
"Whatever, Maxy, just tell us how we're going to do this." Jimmy scoffed.
"Wait up. We still don't have a third party vessel." Maxwell said.
"We're am I going to find that!", Jimmy looked slightly to his left at Johnny Toast. The corners of his mouth turned up in a evil grin, "Maxwell, I've got just the man."
"Woah, woah, woah! Hold up, you don't have my permission to do anything that involves me!" Toast exclaimed.
"But Toasty..." Jimmy whined. He looked at Toast with a begging puppy dog look on his face.
"No, no, no...", Toast looked at Jimmy and sighed, "Alright... What even is it?"
"Maxy Waxy is gonna put me in your body for a while!" Jimmy smiled.
Toast gulped. "How l - l - long?" He managed to stutter. He liked Jimmy and all, but he didn't want to be bodymates with him.
"How long, Acachalla?" Jimmy asked.
"At least a day. That all depends on if it works out or not." Maxwell answered. Jimmy relayed this to Toast, who could only gulp again.
"Well, now that we've got the vessel, we can set up an appointment. Same McDonald's next Saturday, noon. Got it?" Maxwell sneered a little.
Jimmy giggled for some reason. "Yep!"
"Good, see ya then, Casket." And then Maxwell hung up.