Dinner

Everyone gathered around the small table in the Acachalla kitchen over their own individual stacks of waffles. Jimmy sat next to Sally and was having the time of this life; Sally seemed to be having fun, too. Jimmy's eyes had gone back to their original icy blue color again and Ghost stopped crying. Toast, however, still had a sneaking feeling that something was wrong with that doctor.
  "So, Papa Acachalla, have you experienced any side affects since your operation?" Toast asked, trying his best to make sure it didn't sound like he was directly referencing the pain Jimmy and Ghost had gotten.
  "Well..." Papa Acachalla started.
  "Well, what?" Toast asked enthusiastically.
  "There's a weird moldy onion growin' on my back... wanna see it?" Papa Acachalla finished.
  "Uh, no thanks." Toast was disgusted.
  "How about Jose Jose Jose Jose?" Toast followed up his question.
  "Nah." Papa Acachalla said, mouth full of food.
  "See! It's just a coincidence!" Ghost exclaimed. Jimmy grinned and gave Ghost a high five.
  "That doesn't mean anything, sir..." Toast mumbled. There was an awkward pause. No one knew what to say and Jimmy was kind of freaking the Acachallas out.
  "Mama?", Sally interrupted the quietness, "Can I have more waffles?"
  "Here, Sally, take mine!" Jimmy passed his share over to Sally.
  "No, no, Sally, don't eat those!", Gertrude took the waffles away. Sally was upset, "He probably poisoned them." She added to Billy, who was next to her on the left.
  "I heard that!" Jimmy hissed. He wasn't murderous mad, but that had aggravated him.
  "Well, I don't blame her for not trusting you." Toast said snidely.
  "Shut up!" Jimmy whined.
  "Mama! I want waffles!" Sally yelled, her teeth and fingernails were suddenly sharp and her eyes had a hint of red.
  "Ok, I'm g - getting t - them!" Gertrude stuttered. She practically ran into the kitchen (forgetting Sally's plate) and grabbed all of the waffles on the plate. She ran back to Sally and gave all the food to her.
  "Thanks mama!" Sally had returned to normal as she devoured the pancakes. Jimmy, who was sitting to Sally's rights, chuckled at smiled a little bit. Johnny Toast had a sneaking suspicion that Jimmy had a crush on her.
  "Well, dinner was great, Mrs. Acachalla," Toast announced, "but we have to go now, you know, ghost investigations and all. We actually have to pick up our partners - in - training, Spooker and Colon, too. We'll be going now."
  "We do?" Ghost asked, mouth full of waffles.
  "Yes!" Toast whispered aggressively.
  Jimmy was disappointed. "But Toaster!"
  "No, Jimmy, we have to leave now." Toast grabbed Jimmy up by his arm. Jimmy scowled.
  "By." Johnny Ghost said as he stood up.
  "Come on, we'll need to hurry." Toast grabbed Ghost and Jimmy by the arm and dragged them outside, anxious to leave for some reason the no one knew.
  "Sir," Toast began, "call Spooker and Colon, tell them to meet us at a haunted location. I don't care where."
  "Why?" Jimmy asked, feeling exited about what was happening.
  Toast wasn't too quick to answer. "Because I don't want to be there when they run out of waffles."