Merge

It wasn't too long after Jimmy had gone crazy that the Saturday of the second operation rolled around. Everyone was nervous that something would go wrong, and they didn't really trust Maxwell, but they had to try. They drove to the McDonald's in silence and arrived at the same time as the last operation. It still had a scary vibe to it, probably because it was so early in the morning.
Johnny Toast and Jimmy walked into the building together (Johnny Ghost didn't want to go in because he really didn't like Maxwell). The same machine was set up in the middle of the room, with too tables on either side of it, just like before, except there wasn't a cadaver on one of them.
"Welcome, I'd like to get started right away..." Maxwell urged Jimmy and Toast to their respective tables.
"Wait! I have a question!" Toast said as he was strapped down to the table on the left.
"What is it?" Maxwell growled.
"What if this doesn't work?" Toast asked nervously.
Maxwell sighed with displeasure. "Nananananana. It will work, Burnt Bread." Maxwell scowled.
"Why does everyone call me names..." Toast mumbled to himself.
"Wait, Maxwell!" Jimmy called out, "What'll happen to this body?"
"Could you two be any dumber!", Maxwell exclaimed, "It'll decay, Casket, like it's been doing anyway! Now, if you two are done being idiots and don't have anymore stupid comments to make, I'd like to start!"
No one else said anything.
"Good. Now, I'm going to flip this switch, turn this knob, and and count to three. That's when the process will start. You two need to be absolutely still - even though all the pain - or this will not work. If you're lucky, you'll pass out.", Maxwell explained, "Ready?"
"Wait pain?" Toast suddenly became a lot more nervous.
Maxwell flipped the switch and then turned the knob. "One... two... THREE!"
A shock overcame both Toast and Jimmy. They tried their best to be still, but they found it very hard through the unimaginable pain. It tore through their mussels like lightning bolts through trees. They couldn't help but squirm and twitch a little.
Toast was the first to faint. He didn't really want to (he considered it wimpy and it made him less of a man). It took Jimmy a lot longer to go. He had become accustomed to horrific pains lately with the whole decaying body thing, and this pain wasn't quite as bad. But, regardless, he did eventually go.
~
When Johnny Toast first woke up, he didn't feel any different. In fact, he didn't even know what was going on. He simply sat there and looked around him for a while before remembering what had happened.
"Hey, Toaster. It worked." At first, Toast was frightened when he heard a different voice in his head, but then he remembered that it was Jimmy, and it was a good thing that he could hear him.
"It has, hasn't it. I hope sir's not jealous." Toast laughed.
"You're going to let me have control at least once, right?" Jimmy asked.
"Sure." Toast said, not thinking. He was a little creeped out by the almost completely decayed body that was on the other table.
"Got him out just in time." Maxwell smirked as he leaned up against the side of the big machine.
"That's... good." Toast wasn't sure what else to say.
"Well, you're free to go.", Maxwell smiled. It was oddly genuine, "Take care. See you Monday, same time and place, of course."
"Thanks, Maxwell..." Toast said, suspicious of Maxwell, as he walked out the door.
Now, Toast didn't have to wonder what it was like to share a body anymore. He knew, and it sucked.