Downtime

After the whole pizza incident, Jimmy was kept away from high fat, addicting foods. Ghost and Toast tried to feed him vegetables and fruits, also because Jimmy had no idea of how to manage a body of his own. Luckily, exercise wouldn't be an issue with him, "Murder burns a lot of calories." Jimmy told the Johnnys.
The past week had been one hell of a ride for everyone. Jimmy had the hyperactivity of a 3 year old on a heavy sugar rush and was hard to manage just like one. Johnny Ghost had become a lot more relaxed now that he didn't have to worry about trying not to kill anyone via Jimmy in him. He would often be seen sleeping in his favorite recliner, which could now be deemed as his, taking a nap as Doctor Who played on the television in front of him. Johnny Toast was the opposite. He had become much more stressed, he was pretty much a mother/father to Jimmy, because his partner (understandably) wanted to not have to deal with him anymore. And it wasn't even "parental" stress that made Toast timid, he still didn't trust Jimmy, who did promise not to kill them for a car ride and what was later extended to a full life education.
Johnny Toast finally sat down with his cup of tea for the first time that day around noon. He was busy talking to clients and arranging meet ups with said clients, and, of course, he was parenting Jimmy, who tended to be a bit rebellious along with active. He took a long, well deserved drink of tea. "Slightly under brewed..." he thought as he put the cup down and picked up the remote. There wasn't much to watch, so he turned it off. No sooner than he did this did Johnny Ghost wake up. "Hello, sir!" Toast greeted his partner cheerfully.
Ghost pushed the blanket off himself as he sat himself up. His eyes gave off a "mess with me and you die" look from how sleepy he was. "Hello, Johnny. Where's Jimmy?" he mumbled in a sleepy tone.
"I think he's in his room, sir, on his computer. Watching YouTube, I believe.", Toast responded, "Would you like some tea, sir?"
Johnny Ghost got up out of his chair. "No, I'm going to take a shower, maybe when I get out." He proceeded up the stairs until he reached the top. To his left, he could hear what Jimmy was watching.
"Hello, Fellow Adventurers, my name is Venturian and today we are playing..."
He stopped paying attention at that point. Video game videos and memes were the biggest waste of time he could think of. Just play the game yourself. He also found that those who did these "let's play" were foul, cussing creatures who had a wide array of filthy jokes at their disposal. Not worth his time.
Keeping true to his word, Johnny grabbed a towel and hopped into the shower. He wasn't in there for too long before he was interupted by a thud and gasping for air followed by Jimmy trying to say something, but he was laughing too hard to be understood. Johnny, who was uncomfortable with the fact that he Jimmy was talking to him when he was naked, trying to take a shower, a private activity, so he just agreed with whatever Jimmy said and did that fake laugh you do when you can't hear someone until Jimmy left and he could take his shower in peace.
He thought.
Jimmy turned up the volume on the video he was watching so loud, it would have been impossible not to hear it. The "Venturian" dude was screaming and talking in a southern accent that sounded rather fimaliar. Johnny scoffed. "How does he even sit through that stuff?" He heard Toast calling from downstairs.
"Jimmy, sir, turn that down!"
"My name isn't sir! And NO!" Jimmy laughed the same laugh he does when he kills someone.
"At least use some headphones!" Toast yelled back.
"Fine..." The noice died off as Jimmy plugged in a pair of headphones.
Ghost got out of the shower and got dressed, putting on his P.I.E sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. He went downstairs and went to make himself some lunch, only to find Toast was already doing so. "Hello, sir! I figured I'd make us all lunch. I'm making fish and chips, we'll need a big meal because we're going out later, and we won't be back for awhile." Toast explained.
"Ok, but I think I should help." Ghost offered.
Toast refused, saying that he didn't need the help and he knew exactly what he was doing. He said if Ghost must find a use for himself, he could stay in the kitchen and help keep company.
"So, where are we going?" Ghost asked as he doodled on a piece of paper that was left in the counter.
"The Acachallas are haunted again, sir." Toast sighed, "For real this time, sir." he added after seeing Ghost's expression change to a face that said "oh really?".
"Why's it going to take so long, Johnny? Usually the ghost there are pretty dumb and easy to get rid of." Ghost responded.
"Because the spirit only shows up between 5:00 and 3:30, he's very punctual, sir. A ghost that timely is definitely at minimum a level 468." Toast explained.
"What are we going to do with Jimmy? He's too dangerous and somewhat dumb to leave here, and who would want to watch him?" Ghost questioned.
Toast thought for a minute. He had never thought about how Jimmy would affect paranormal investigating. "I guess we'll have to take him with us, sir. Didn't the doctor man say you two would still have fragments of each other's personality in you? Like, Jimmy might want to ghost hunt and you murder?"
"Yeah, you're right. I mean, to be honest I had the urge to kill you last night. Hope you're not mad." Ghost answered.
"That's fine, sir. I understand. Thank you for not doing it." Toast laughed. He finished up the fish and chips and put them on plates. "Here you go, sir. Do you want some tea, now?"
"Thanks, Johnny, and I'll pass on the tea." Ghost took his plate and sat down at their coffee table in the living room and turned on the tv.
"Jimmy, sir! Lunch!" Toast called to Jimmy upstairs. There wasn't a response, so he called again. When he still didn't get a response a third time, he went up to his room. Jimmy was wearing headphones, of course he couldn't hear Johnny's calls. Johnny grabbed the cord and unplugged them from the computer, causing the yelly gamer's voice to boom throughout the house again. "Lunch, sir. Fish and chips." he told Jimmy as he paused the video.
"Chips!" Jimmy said as he ran downstairs and to the kitchen. He came to a skidding halt and looked around, not seeing any chips.
"Calm down, speed demon!" Johnny Ghost said as he came in to refill his glass of water.
"WHERE'S THE CHIPS!" Jimmy exclaimed as he reached for a knife.
Johnny Toast walked into the room laughing. "Not those chips! Chips is what we British call what you call french fries!" He handed Jimmy a plate. Jimmy examined it before mumbling something under his breath and taking his seat next to Ghost in the living room.
Soon 4 rolled around and everyone had to get ready to go to the Acachallas' house. "Jimmy, don't act up, don't let them know who you are, and leave the knife behind!" Johnny Ghost prepped Jimmy as he brushed his abnormally messy hair.
"Ok, Ghostie, I'll be good!" Jimmy responded in a mock sweet voice.
When everyone was ready, everyone loaded into Toast's fabulous pink car and headed to the house.