The Truth Of The Matter

Knock, knock! "Jimmy, wake up! Breakfast!" The muffled voice of Johnny Toast called Jimmy from beyond his door. Jimmy didn't respond to it; he simply laid dead to the word.
  "Is he awake, Johnny?" Jimmy heard Johnny Ghost ask.
  "No, sir. I think there's something wrong with him, well, other than what I thought before, sir." Toast responded.
Ghost sighed. "He really isn't that bad..."
  "No, you're right, sir," Toast agreed, "He's just misunderstood I believe."
  Jimmy had no reaction to the entire conversation. He felt empty, hollow, like Christmas had been cancelled. He had never felt so low in his entire life since visiting Maxwell at his grave. "Could I be depressed?"
  "Jimmy, are you ok?" Ghost spoke in Jimmy's head.
  "Am I? What really is being ok?" Jimmy replied.
  Ghost spoke aloud from behind the door. "He's being... Deep. I don't think he's ok, he might be depressed."
  "Try getting him to tell you what's up." Toast suggested.
  "Jimmy, what's wrong?"
  "Everything. It's all going down the drain for me. I have nothing, I am nothing."
  "No you're not, Jimmy. You're my brother, and I would give the world just to let you know I care."
  "I'm not worth your time. All I am is a waste of space, Johnny."
  "He didn't call me "Ghostie"." Ghost said aloud.
  "What did he say?", Toast questioned nervously. Ghost explained what Jimmy told him, "Tell him I'm here for him."
  "Will you please tell me why you're so upset? I promise me and Johnny are here for you."
  Jimmy sighed aloud. He was tired of speaking in thought. "I'm dying." The other side of the door went silent. What else were they supposed to do? That was Earth shattering news that they didn't even understand.
  "What does that mean, Jimmy?" Toast asked.
  "It means," Jimmy growled, "I'm dying." He turned over to his other side as loudly as possible​. He didn't think he could really handle the facts.
  "Oh, I'm sure your not dying..." Ghost stated insensitively.
  "Well, I am. According to Maxwell, the reason you and I are having such bad headaches is because my body is decaying while my spirit lives." Jimmy hissed.
  "Well, Maxwell isn't the most reliable source." Toast pointed out.
  "Well, yesterday, ​it was different. On his death day, he gets serious, plus, he showed me the proof." Jimmy countered Toast.
  "What proof?" Toast asked.
  Jimmy got up and unlocked the door. The two partners stood fully dressed while Jimmy was in dirty pajamas, his hair a mess. Jimmy rolled up his sleeve and pointed silently at the maggot - eaten mark the Maxwell pointed out to him. Both Johnnys cringed at the disgusting sight, but Jimmy said nothing and kept a blank look upon his face.
  "How could this be?" Ghost broke the silence.
  "Body's don't last forever." Jimmy sighed in a way that almost sounded like a growl.
  "I have an idea.", Toast piped up, "Why don't we discuss this over breakfast, that'll get us thinking properly."
  Ghost and Jimmy agreed and they all headed for the kitchen.