"Just sit your own down and the food will come out" I muttered feeling embarrassed, I will definitely not pull stuff like that unless I know for a certain that there are not other people around.

I saw in the corner of my eye how Bill and Mellie entered the kitchen hand in hands as they took a seat next to Georg who still had a big smirk flashing on his face. As I was pouring the sauce into a bowl, Tom came up beside me and helped me get the fish out from the oven as he started placing it on a big plate. Still really embarrassed and my face flushing I tried my best to just ignore him.

"You do have a fine ass though" he said in a low voice, making me pull for my breath as I saw him giving me a cheeky grin. With my face even more flushing I took the sauce rapidly off the counter and walked up to the table where now everybody was seated and waiting for the food.

"It smells delicious!" Mellie exclaimed with a cheer as I sent her a smile, while taking a seat at the table next to Gustav.

"Yeah but don’t give her all credit, I did the salmon!" Hirato said with a proud smirk on his face as he started heaving some of the sauce on his plate.

Tom placed the salmon next to Bill who looked delighted over the food, before taking a seat on the empty seat next to me.  In a few minutes, everybody had started eating of the food and I really felt my ego swelling a little bit at the positive comments about my improving cooking.

"I wish I could cook" Mellie frowned as she made a small pattern in her sauce.

"Well I know you can learn some stuff if you are willing to get your hands dirty" I said suggestively as she arched an eyebrow at me.

"But I hate getting my hands dirty" she retorted simply as I glared at her.

"Well then you can’t learn how to cook" I said and raised my chin into the air.

"Yes I can Taylor! Can you just help me? You know, teach me some of the basics?" She pleaded as I gave her a glance. The guys were in a discussion about cars and were completely interested in their own thing.

"Yeah sure but we’ll take it some other day" I said and waved the thing off.

Mellie gave me an appreciated grin before finishing up the last of her food. I was already finished as I brushed off some crumbs off my legs as I glanced towards Tom’s hand that he had resting on his knee. I glanced at him, still very riled up in the conversation with the others.

Taking a little courage I slipped my fingers in between his. Tom twitched his head towards me, arching his eyebrow. I felt a little blush spreading across my cheeks as he started smiling softly, before squeezing my fingers and keeping my hand in his under the table.

He casually went back to the conversation with the others as I could feel my heart swelling at his hand squeezing mine.

It was reassuring he would obligate the small things I needed from him, like holding his hand.

A few minutes later, we all jumped when the sudden noise from the doorbell rang. Confused, we looked between each other, we weren’t expecting anyone.

But who could it be? I searched my head for people who we knew here in Italy and no one came to mind. 

"Who is ringing the doorbell in the middle of dinner?" Hirato questioned with a frown as Georg shrugged.

"Maybe it’s a neighbor" he said and seemed to think it over.

"There are no neighbors around to be calling on our door" Bill murmured.

"Well then we should open to see who it is!" Mellie exclaimed with a cheer and stood up from the table.

"Ehh, I’ll follow you" Gustav said suddenly as he stood up him as well. Mellie didn’t mind as she and Gustav went out from the kitchen.