Chapter 74: How It Ends

Start from the beginning

We pulled up to the entrance at Blairwood.

It was already 11 pm so the gates were closed.

That wasn't gonna stop us.

We jumped the gate and made our way to the back of the main building.

As soon as we got to the courtyard River shot his gun into the air.

"Mark!" He yelled. "You've went too fucking far this time!"

I quickly grabbed him and pulled him out of the middle of the yard and onto the side of another building.

He started to resist as his face flared up with even more anger.

"Let me go Max!" He demanded. "I said i was gonna end this tonight and I meant it!"

"River shut the hell up! You're not thinking straight! You can't just come here and start shooting your damn gun into the air and yelling! You're bringing attention to yourself! You're gonna get us both killed! If we wanna find Mark we've gotta do it quietly!"

As I was about to turn around a gun went off and immediately after I felt a bullet strike my arm.
River quickly grabbed me and led me around the corner but standing in our path was a group of men with a crap load of guns.

We turned around and saw that we were surrounded on both sides.

We looked at eachother as if we were reading eachother's mind about what to do. Two of the men started to approach.

"Don't try to fight them." I warned River. "There are way too many of them. Its not worth it."

He grudgingly gave in as the men handcuffed us and led us to a building on the opposite side of the courtyard. I looked over at River who was staring at the building as if it was familiar. Uneasiness spread across his face.

One guy opened the door and the men pushed us inside, leading us to the center of the building.

We were inside of an empty warehouse. One that I'd undoubtedly seen before.

Once we reached the center they forced us down onto our knees then backed away, making sure to keep their guns pointed at us

"Do you dickheads seriously think we're gonna try to attack you in handcuffs?" River asked.

They didn't answer and instead continued pointing them at us as they stared aggressively.

The door to the warehouse opened then shut seconds later.

As the sound of footsteps got closer, Mark emerged from the shadows.