─ xli. hazardous

Comincia dall'inizio

"I don't." Jughead replied deadpanned. "And fair warning, you're the only adult here."

FP nodded again with a small smirk. "So I gathered." He turned back to Kevin and Joaquin, "you wanna show me where the can is?"

"I will," Manic and Joaquin said at the same time. They looked at each other as the tension thickened. Kevin shifted a bit. "Actually, I think I'm gonna go and get me a drink," Manic said after three seconds of silence. "Mr. Top here can show you. Won't you, Fonzy?."

Joaquin rolled his eyes visibly at him while he smirked smugly at him.
"See you around, handsome." Manic said to Kevin and then turned to Jughead. "Happy birthday, Edgar Frog,"

He patted his back as he walked through the small crowd and into the crowded kitchen.

-

"You do know my dad has a drinking problem right?"

"I'm sorry, Juggiehead. I invited him for out small get together, not to a kegger," she apologized. "This was supposed to be a friend's only thing."

"You're my friend. Archie and Betty are my friends." Jughead stated, crossing his arms. "Everyone else, including Kevin, including Veronica, I would've actively shunned,"

"Why?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm weird." He replied back a bit harsher than he wanted. "I'm a weirdo, I don't fit in and I don't want to fit in. You're the only person who's seen me without my hat. Have you ever seen me without this hat outside everything else? That's weird!"

"Why are you getting so upset?" She said, anger lacing her voice. "It's not like I planned for this to happen!"

Jughead, not backing down, narrowed his blue eyes at her. "It's just the fact that you don't even know or care to know that this is the last thing I want. It's makes me feel like you did this for you,"

Now that hurt her and made the bull in her buck back at her. "I didn't do this for me, I didn't do this at all. So I'm sorry for trying to do something nice for you, okay?!"

"Does it ever occur to you on how different me and you are?" He nearly shouted back." Like on a cellular DNA kind of level? You're this tough, popular, beautiful, perfect girl who everyone fears and adores art he same time and I'm a damaged loner outsider from the wrong side of the tracks........ come on, who are we kidding? We're borrowing time right now."

"What the hell do you mean by that!"Lola yelled at him.

He sighed, keeping his frown on his face. "Lola, I'm not someone you want me to be, I'm not some social butterfly that I know you want me to be, I'm not your project!"

"I don't see you as a project, okay?!" She yelled back. "You're my boyfriend!"

"Yeah, for how long?" He said coldly before walking away from her.

Lola sighed, angry and frustrated at everything. She just walked the other direction.

-

Manic walked through the raging party with a red cup in hand, he spotted Ethel in the kitchen by herself so he decided to go and talk to her. "Hey, Ethel."