─ xxxiv. birthday blues

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"And I have a really cute one," Veronica sung with a convincing smile. Betty looked between her two best friends, knowing she was gonna lose this. So she smiled and nodded. Lola hugged her. "Thanks, I know you're gonna help me plan it just fine,"

As they walked through the hall together, they saw Chuck Clayton talking to Ethel, which baffled the girls. "What in fresh hell is this?"

"Oh, my god I think his last got bigger," Veronica mumbled in disbelief. "Not that I care because he's evil incarnate,"

"Well, I have somewhere to be so, you guys take care of that," Lola quickly whispered, patting both of them in the backs before leaving.

"Where are you going?!" Betty yelled after her.

"To make sure my boyfriend has the best birthday ever!"

-

"You just don't quit, do you?" FP asked after opening the front door to his place. He saw a girl with beautiful long black hair and light blue green eyes standing at his doorway. Of course, he knew that was Lola. She looked like Caramia way too much.

"Sorry to ambush you, Mr. Jones." She replied sincerely." But I think it would be super special if you were there."

FP sighed, looking around before stepping aside to let her in. She paused for a second before walking in. "So you're my son's girlfriend, huh?"

Lola nodded, looking around his place. It was kind of dirty, not too much. Which was surprising for someone like him. But at the same time, he is a man so she didn't put pass the male look to it.

"Yeah, I am." She mumbled, sitting on the couch as he sat a couple of feet away from her on the same couch. "I just think that with you being there, it would maybe better your relationship a bit."

FP stared at her blankly for a bit. This girl was exactly like Caramia. Generous, warm hearted, very thoughtful to others. Also determined and stubborn.  "You must not know the shitty relationship me and him have."

"Oh, I know," she insisted. "Believe me, I know, he told me before but since he's never had a special birthday, I just thought that if you showed up, he would see that you care about him because I know you do."

He chuckled, pulling out a cigarette. He laughed like something was funny. Which Lola saw nothing funny about it. She was being serious. But as he put his cigarette and took a long drag, he looked right back at her. "You remind me of your mother, Caramia."

Lola shifted a bit in her seat at the mention of her mother's name.

"You know, me and her had history before."

"You did?" She asked curiously.

FP nodded, blowing out a long line of smoke.
"Yeah.....she was the most popular girl in school and I was the tough trouble making loner who admired her from afar."

Lola smiled a bit. That sounded like how Jughead was with her. So she listened to more of the story. FP continued on.

"I remember the first time she actually acknowledged me..."