Ships (J-Hope) HIGH SCHOOL!AU

Start from the beginning

      "No problem." you said as you kept drawing. 

       Inch by inch, he began to lean in to see what you were drawing and if that wasn't a big enough of a distraction, then his friends came. 

      "Hey I have to go now, but...maybe we can hang out later?" he asked and you bit your lip nervously as you declined. 

      "Sorry...I have to meet up with my friend." you said as you grabbed your stuff and left all of them and went back into the school to find Jennie.

      "Y/N YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!" she shouted when you told her what happened. 

      "It's the right thing to do! You should have seen all the girls glaring at me when I went back into the school! I don't need that kind of drama in my life..." you said and Jennie sighed. 

      "You are really trying to keep your life boring huh?" she teased as she took her books and went out of the classroom. 

      "You know how it works...ships in harbor are safe."

      "You're totally ignoring the rest of the quote."

     "The first part is the part that matters." you smiled as you walked back home. 

    A week ago

      "How can you ignore the way he is staring at you all the time?!" Jennie asked you as you once again played around with your food and tried to ignore all the eyes that were on you. 

      "Stop yelling Jennie..." you whispered and got up with your food to throw it all away, you weren't in the mood to eat. 

      Out of no where a girl bumped into you and knocked most of the food on your shirt. 

      "Whops...sorry Y/N. I didn't see you there." she gave you a fake smile while patting your shoulder, leaving a sticky note on it. 

      You grabbed it and read the message from her to yourself "Try not to be too friendly around Hobi."

      You crumpled the piece of paper and sighed. 

      You knew this would happen. 

      After a few seconds of silence you just turned around and realized that now instead of gossiping, every single person in the cafeteria was ignoring you except Jennie. 

      She got up and pulled at your hand "Come on...let's get you washed up." she whispered as she pulled you out and into the girls bathroom. 

      Hoseok stayed behind and watched as you left and a few seconds later Hyolin, the girl that did that to you, came to their table. 

      "Did you see how clumsy she is? Poor girl." she sighed and Hoseok frowned. 

      "Why did you do that to her?"

      "Do what?"

      "You knocked over her tray on her...or was it an accident."

      "It was an accident Hobi, I tripped." she smiled charmingly at him and he snorted. 

     "Then stop wearing heels you clumsy ass bitch." he said and all the boys hollered at the words that left the mouth of their usually sweet friend.

      He stepped outside of the cafeteria and saw you and Jennie at the end of the hallway. 

      "Y/N...you okay?" he asked as he got closer to you and you glanced over at him and back at Jennie. 

      "I'm gonna go now..." she said before walking away and he stepped forward. 

      "I'm fine...it's just that I can either smell of ketchup all day or go home and change. I might pick the latter tho." you said and smiled. 

      "I think the ketchup might attract predators." he chuckled at that and spoke. 

      "I can give you a ride, we'd be back faster and you won't skip classes."

      "No...I wouldn't wanna trouble you with..."

      "Come on...I have nothing better to do anyways." he said and grabbed your hand before pulling you out of the school and towards his motorcycle.

      "Woahhh! It's so cool! I didn't know you have a bike." you looked at the blood red bike as he started it. 

      "I got it recently...jump on." he said and you sat behind him after putting on the helmet he gave you. 

      "Hold on tight." he reached for your hands and wrapped them around his waist and the fact that you could feel his abs through the thin shirt he was wearing was sending your heart into overdrive. 

      "Are you scared?" he asked and you shook your head "Not at all."

      "I can literally feel your heart beating against my back?" he chuckled and your eyes widened. 

      "I-I'm just e-excited. I love bikes..." you stuttered out and he nodded.

      An hour later you were back in the school and Jennie was squealing into your right ear as you took your books from your locker. 

      "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!OH MY GOSH Y/N! He's the most wonderful human being that walked on this earth!" she said as you rolled your eyes but smiled none the less. You two split apart and you went to your next class. 

      "Y/N!" Hoseok called you over to him and you hesitated when walking towards him. 

      "Can we meet up tonight?" he whispered for only you to hear and you thanked him in your mind for doing so. If the whole class heard, your 'safe ship' would be in the biggest storm ever. 

      "Umm...okay...where?"

     "At the park across the street at 8 maybe?" he asked with hopeful eyes and you nodded.

      The day went by slow and after you got home you took a small nap before getting ready and going to the park. It was pretty chilly outside so you threw on your biggest hoodie, with your schools logo on it, to keep you warm. 

      "Y/N..." you heard Hoseok behind you and you turned around to face him. 

      "Aww...look we're matching!" he smiled as he pointed at his hoodie that was the same as yours. 

      "Well we did make them for the whole dance team of the school." you deadpanned and he nodded. 

      "About that...you haven't been coming to practice for the last few months..."

      "Yea...I thought about giving up on dancing." you said and he frowned "Don't...I miss you." he said and you turned over to him. 

      "What?" He began to blush after realizing what he said "Umm I mean...the team misses you." he said and you sighed.

      After a few moments of comfortable silence you spoke up and turned to face him again. 

      "So...why did you wanna meet up?" you asked and he bit his lip and played with his fingers. 

      "Yea...umm...I know you're not the biggest fan of attention so I didn't wanna make a big deal out of this at school. I didn't really have time to prepare anything special, but...would you wanna go to prom with me?" he asked and your breath caught in your throat before you gulped and answered quietly. 

      "I'm sorry Hoseok, but it's a no."

   Keep reading the next part!!!