Mutterings {Hermione}

Requested by Burgundy_wolflegend.

Shy bullied crush reader

You're walking down the hallway with your head down and your textbooks against your chest. One moment, you're carefully walking down the hallway, the next you're airborne. Your knee hits the floor and skids causing you to hiss in pain. You look up from your sprawled position on the floor to see a burly Ravenclaw boy. You scoot away from him until your back hits the wall. The Ravenclaw steps forward and sneers down at you.

"You stupid piece of trash, stay out of my way."

"I'm sorry," you mumble.

"You never learn, do you? How many times do I have to tell you? I guess I'll have to give you a lesson that you won't forget."

He smirks maliciously as he steps forward and lands a swift kick to your rib cage. You open your mouth in pain but dare not make a sound. He laughs as he continues to kick you again and again. You hear footsteps echo down the hallway in your direction. You pray to Merlin that they'll decide to turn in the opposite direction. It'll make it worse for you later if someone interrupts.

You hear a voice call out, "What do you think you're doing?"

He lands another kick before turning around.

"What's it to you?" he sneers in the direction of the interruption.

You look over to see Hermione Granger. She walks down the hallway until she's standing next to him.

"It's ironic that you are a Ravenclaw because you are stupid enough to think that you can be an asshole to Y/N and get away with it."

She slips her wand out of her pocket. She says a spell that you don't recognize. The Ravenclaw flinches but nothing happens.

"Ha! You missed, you stupid bitch."

She steps closer to him with her wand raised and a fire in her eyes.

"What did you just call me?"

He gulps before turning tail and sprinting away. Now that the threat is out of sight, she rushes over to you.

"Y/N, are you alright?"

"Y-yeah," you mutter.

You try to stand on your own but your ribs make you gasp in pain.

"Here. Let me," she offers.

She sidles up next to you and puts her arm under yours and across your shoulder blades. She hoists you up onto your feet. You look down at your feet.

"C'mon. Let's go pay Madame Pomfrey a visit."

You nod your head and begin to shuffle in the direction of the Hospital Wing with Hermione at your side.

"I didn't miss, you know."

You look over to find her already gazing at you.

"He's going to get an interesting surprise anytime he sees anyone he finds attractive."

"What would that be?" you mumble.

"He's going to shit his pants."

You laugh in surprise. She smiles gently.

"I didn't know you were one for vulgar language, Hermione."

You widen your eyes.

"I didn't mean that in a bad way!"

She chuckles lightly.

"Don't worry Y/N. I know what you mean. I normally don't swear unless I'm extremely angry or provoked. It was both this time."

She shrugs.

"But why?"

She furrows her eyebrows together.

"What do you mean?"

"Why would you get so angry over me? I'm nothing special."

She stops in the middle of the empty corridor.

"Yes you are, Y/N. You are bloody amazing. Besides, no one deserves to be treated like that by that dick. Especially you."

"Why especially me?"

She sighs and mutters something under her breath. If you so weren't familiar with your own muttering, you wouldn't have caught it.

"You like me?"

She looks at you with panic evident in her eyes.

"How did you hear that?"

"I mutter all the time. It's a gift."

She closes her eyes and tilts her head back.

"Yes. Yes, I have a crush on you. Have for a while now," she whispers.

You're stunned. This gorgeous witch has a crush on you?

You hesitantly step forward. Her eyes are still closed and a lone tear streaks down her face. You lift your hand and wipe it away with the pad of your thumb. She opens her eyes and turns her watery coffee brown eyes onto you.

"I'm honored that someone so beautiful has a crush on me."

She smiles and lets out a light laugh. You laugh with her but hiss in pain.

"Oh! Y/N, need to get you to Madame Pomfrey!" she says worriedly.

You smile as you grab her hand and lightly kiss the knuckles. A light blush creeps across her face as she smiles. She interlocks your fingers together and begins to drag you to the Hospital Wing.