Chapter 44 "Stay On Protocol!"

"What do you mean there's a situation?" Shaylynn questions Butch.
She sees he's heading toward the basement door, "COME ON!" he shouts back at her.
Everyone else is wondering what's going on.
"Why are you going to the basement?" she asks Butch.
"You need to get "Henry"! You're going to need him!" he tells her.
If "Henry" is needed, then this is serious. Shaylynn rushes over and runs down to the basement with Butch.
Fifteen seconds later, Butch comes running up the stairs carrying a huge case, with Shaylynn following him.
She looks over to everyone and sees Hank, Lindsay, and Halstead are ready to leave with her and Butch.
"SOMEONE LET ME KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WHEN YOU CAN!" Sam shouts out to those walking out the front door.
Outside, Shaylynn sees the Organization's huge black truck they use that holds all their equipment. Her and Butch run to that, while Hank gets in his car along with Halstead and Lindsay getting into their truck.
Rob speeds off with the others following.
On the truck, Dan and Dave are already suited up, "What's going on?" Shaylynn asks them while Butch gets his suit on.
"This place the Firefighters are at is HUGE! I've been listening to their radios, there's all kinds of crap, mattresses, furniture, etc in this place making it a maze. Search ropes have been lost and a lot of the Firefighters are trapped in there with the homeless people they're trying to get out" Dave tells her.
Butch has his suit on and looks at Shaylynn, "It's your turn!" he says.
Butch, Dan, and Dave turn around so Shaylynn can get "Henry" on.
"We need to find Chief Boden as soon as we get there! We're not to deal with any other Chief, understood?" Butch tells Rob, Dan, and Dave, "If Chief Anderson sees us before we find Boden, he's going to be a pain in our ass!"
"If we bump into Anderson leave him to me!" Shaylynn says as she walks up to where the guys are.
"Hey! Look at that!" Rob says.
The rest look out the windshield and see that the night sky looks like daytime.
Butch turns and looks at Shaylynn, "Are you sure you're up to this?"
"Yes! No Firefighters are dying tonight!" she tells Butch

When they arrive, Hank walks up to the Organization's truck and knocks on the door.
Shaylynn opens it, "What's the plan?" he asks her.
"We're going in!" she tells him.
Hank looks in and sees all of them have suits on, "Can you go inside with those suits?"
Shaylynn looks at Butch, then back at Hank, "Yes."
"We need to get going!" Rob says.
Hank moves out of the way while they get down out of the truck.
Butch, Shaylynn and the others start walking over toward the building. They see Boden and walk up to him. He looks and sees them coming toward him.
"How many levels?" Butch asks Boden.
"There's two levels, but what do you five think you're doing?" Boden asks them.
"We're going in!" Rob tells him.
"I can't let you do that!" Boden tells them.
"With all due respect Chief, you have no say if we go in or not!" Dave tells him.
"How are you going to find your way out? The fire is so intense it's burning search ropes" he tells them.
"Our helmets map out where we've been so we don't have to worry about search ropes being lost or getting caught on something" Dan tells Boden.
"Okay everyone, let's get going!" Butch says.
He, Rob, Dan, and Dave put on their helmets. When Shaylynn gets ready to put her's on, Dawson runs up to her.
"Shaylynn, Matt's in there!" she says panicked.
"Gabby, we'll find him! I promise! We'll bring everyone out!" Shaylynn tells Dawson as she puts on her helmet.
"Radio check!" Butch says.
"Check!" Rob radios out.
"Check!" says Dan.
"Check!" radios Dave.
"Check!" says Shaylynn.
"Alright everyone, turn your radios to the Fire Department's frequency! That way we can hear the Firefighters inside and they can give us a better idea where they are!" Butch radios to the other four.
All of them tune their radios in to the Fire Department's frequency and instantly hear the Firefighters inside.
"Alright, let's go!" Butch says.
All five of them head toward a door and walk in.
"Firefighters! Radio out where you are so we can find you!" Butch radios out to everyone.
Three trucks radio back, but no one from 51 does.
Dave, Rob, and Dan head off into the directions the other trucks radioed in.
"Firefighters! Radio out where you are so we can find you!" Butch radios out again.
Nothing!
Even though Butch can't see Shaylynn's face, he knows what she's thinking.
"Stay on protocol, Shaylynn!" Butch radios to her.
"Fuck protocol!" Shaylynn radios to him.
"KELLY! MATT! DAMN IT, RADIO BACK! ANYONE FROM 51, RADIO BACK NOW!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*