Chapter 19 "Love Bug"

"I better get my car out of the driveway" Shaylynn tells Severide, "Sylvie! Gabby! Do you want to take a ride? I need to do a quick test drive!" Shaylynn yells at them.
Dawson and Brett look at each other, smile and run out to Shaylynn's car.
"SHOTGUN!" Dawson yells.
Shaylynn smiles at Severide, "Kids!"
She gets into the driver's seat while Brett and Dawson get themselves settled.
"Go get 'em!" Severide tells Shaylynn then winks at her.

Shaylynn gives Severide a sly grin while backing up.
The rest of Squad, Truck, and Boden are watching Shaylynn back up out of the driveway and out onto the street.
"SHAYLYNN! NO BURN....." Boden starts to yell out, but he's too late.
Shaylynn starts doing a burnout and then takes off. Brett in the backseat holding on for dear life and Dawson smiling from ear to ear whooping it up.
All the guys are smiling and laughing at the sight of Brett and Dawson.
Boden is shaking his head, smiling and trying not to laugh, "It's a good thing her dad works for the CPD!" he says looking at Severide.
"Alright guys, let's get these Fire trucks washed!" Boden tells his men.
Five minutes into washing the trucks, Severide's phone goes off.
It's a text from Butch.

Butch: Deleting pictures off my phone and came across these. Thought you would like to have them.

Butch: Anyone who had Shaylynn for protection called her the Angel of Death. Good for the ones she was protecting, BAD for the enemy! Once in her crosshairs, that person was going down!

Tony is looking over Severide's shoulder, "Whoa! Is that Shaylynn?" Tony backs up and goes back to washing the Squad truck

Tony backs up and goes back to washing the Squad truck. Cruz and Capp join him. As they get back to washing, Shaylynn pulls up.
Dawson and Brett get out and hurry up the driveway so they can get the ambulance stocked up.
Shaylynn walks around and starts walking up the Firehouse driveway.
Severide walks up to her, "Can we talk real quick?"
Shaylynn looks at him, "Okay."
He grabs her hand and pulls her over away from the Squad truck.   Severide shows her the picture Butch sent.
"You thought Butch and I had something going on in the past, didn't you?" she asks him.
Severide looks at her.
"EEEEWWWW!!!!" she tells him with a look on her face like a toddler trying broccoli for the first time, "KELLY! How could you even think something like that?! Those guys are like brothers to me! EEEWWW! Just talking about it........! I think I just threw up in my mouth!" Shaylynn says before sticking her tongue out and fanning it with her hands.
Severide starts laughing at her, "Okay! Okay! I understand now!"
A call comes in....."Engine 51, Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Battalion 25, Condo building fire, 5161 Broadway" the dispatcher pauses, "Welcome back, Shaylynn"
Shaylynn grabs Severide's radio, "Thank you!" she radios to Main.
"Turn off the water and push the hoses to the side!" Boden yells.
Severide looks at Shaylynn, "You're riding with Squad, right?" he asks her.
She smiles, "Of course!" and follows Severide to the Squad truck. Thankfully she grabbed her camera bag before getting out of her car.
They all load up and head to the Condo fire.