Chapter Eleven: Cuts and Bruises.

Start from the beginning

My father grabbed me by the neck and then I suddenly felt my skin sizzling. The pain increased quickly as I felt my skin burning away.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

“Stop!” I almost screamed out in pain.

I tried to pull the lighter from his hand only to get burned. I felt hot tears roll down my eyes as I tried again to take the lighter off him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

“Stop,” I sobbed feeling like I was useless against him.                                                                                                                                  

“Like I said before you’re a wimp,” He muttered throwing the lighter on the floor.

My skin felt like it was boiling, the disgusting feel of it peeling like when you get sun burnt.                                                         

“Just go to your room and don’t bother talking to me until you’ve learnt your lesson,” He dismissed me almost like he was the boss of me.                                                                                                                                                                                

After struggling up the stairs I made it to my room, the only place I feel safe anymore. I locked all four of the deadlocks that I had put on my door just so I could be alone. I hated feeling like this, feeling like I couldn’t even protect myself. I crawled onto my bed before gently running my thumb over the half missing flesh on my neck. I felt my hand tremble as I let myself cry to sleep.

[Brooke’s POV]:

The sound of children almost made me happy. They seemed so happy, so carefree with no fears of anything. I sat down on my favourite swing and looked down at the ground almost making myself cry. I loved this park; it was my favourite place in the world. This was the only thing I could remember my parent’s by I knew they took me to the park almost every day. I frowned knowing that I was thinking of them again, I seemed to have being thinking about them more often than before.  I closed my eyes and pictured Blake in my mind, I could tell that somehow we were going t sort out this together. I hoped that we would, I would try my hardest not to push him away. I didn’t want to be alone anymore.            

“Hey you alright?” I heard someone ask me.

I opened up my eyes to surprisingly see Skylar standing next to me looking almost distressed.                                                  

“Um, yeah... What are you doing here?” I asked quietly looking deeper into his eyes seeing that he was very scared of something.

I looked around the playground to see that most of the children had left, how long had I been thinking? My eyes searched around to see what Skylar could have been worried about but I came up empty handed.