Serpent Admiration Part 2 {Blaise}

Start from the beginning

"C'mon. Smile. I'm funny."

"My face gets sore if I smile too much," he says with a deadpanned expression.

"Fine. Never smile for all I care, but I'm warning you: I never kiss people who look like they have a wand up their arse."

You raise an eyebrow at him.

"Why are you so mean? I thought that since we're dating, you'd be nicer. Wait, why can't I just owl your parents and be like, 'I don't intend to axe-murder your child'?"

He looks at you expectantly. You blink in return.

"I'm sorry. I tuned you out. Were you whining again?"

He groans in exasperation.

"Babe, I'm just kidding. No, you can't owl them. I'm mean to you because I love you."

"That doesn't even make sense," he accuses.

"It's called tough love. You would have reason to worry if I didn't tease you all the time."

He sticks out his bottom lip. You roll your eyes playfully.

"You know you love me," you inform him.

"Do I know that?"

Your face falls. There's a moment's pause before he continues.

"Yes. Yes, I do."

You grin at him as he pulls you in for a kiss.

You're walking hand in hand with Blaise throughout Hogsmeade. A breeze swirls the crisp autumn leaves through the air from the rooftops above. The wind grabs his green and silver scarf and wrenches it from his neck. His free hand flies to his bare throat and his face is full of shock.

You laugh at his expression before raising your hand to your own throat to unwrap your scarf. You place yours around his neck before retrieving his and wrapping it on yourself. He looks up from adjusting your scarf to his throat and blinks at your new attire.

"You look hot in that."

You smirk.

"Yeah, I know."

"I would totally make out with you."

You tilt your head and your smirk grows into a grin.

"Thanks. I'd make out with you too. Let's go."

He groans.

"What's more important than sneaking off somewhere to find a place to make out?"

You link hands with him and begin walking.

"Hot chocolate," you answer simply.

He looks at you incredulously.

"You'd rather get liquid chocolate than my kisses?"

You shrug.

"Chocolate tastes good and keeps me warm."

"So would my kisses," he says seductively.

"Yeah, but kissing requires effort to get me warm. I take a few sips of hot chocolate and it's like magic!"

He narrows his eyes at you. You let go of his hand and wrap your arm around his waist. You snuggle your head into his shoulder and smile up at him as you continue to walk beside him. He grunts in annoyance.

"You know, you make it really hard to stay mad at you when you're so damn cute all the time. Can you stop?"

"Never."