─ xxi. gothic resolution

Começar do início

Manic jumped over the couch and plop down at the middle. He stretched his arms over his head. "Yeah, but I'm your idiot."

"Anyways, are you going to Jason's funeral?" She asked, putting her Monet inside the machine. Manic sighed, sadly. He had got an invitation in the mail last night from Cheryl. Him and Lola got one. Caramia gave it to them the next morning with somber looks. Lola was going, because she felt it's right to at lease pay some respects. But Manic had yet to give an answer.

"I honestly don't know, I saw his dead body I don't need to see it again."

Lola looked at him, pursing her lips. She knew he would say that. Not that she could blame him, dead bodies scared the living hell out of her. That's why she stayed so far away when they found his body in the river. To get the image out of her head.

"You do what's best for you," she simply said, before taking her candy and walking out.

Manic watched her leave, knowing she was right. He had to do what was best for him. Maybe seeing him one last time would help him stop grieving. Who knows.

-

"Okay this was my dads murder board before it got destroyed." Kevin said, showing Jughead, Betty and Manic the board in the news room.

"Any leads on who did it?" Jughead asked, looking on.

"Or what they were looking for?" Manic added on, just as interested.

"Nope," Kevin said, turning to them. "No finger prints. They stole a bunch of files, background checks and all the videos and audio tapes of police interviews."

Manic wiggled his fingers. "Oooooh, sounds like an angry poltergeist or Jasper the Asshole ghost."

Jughead and Kevin chuckled while Betty rolled her eyes. "Can you please be serious, Manny?"

"I am serious," Manic said with a shrug.

Suddenly, some guy wearing a varsity jacket walked in.
"Hey Betty,"

Betty smiled at him. "Trev. Hey."

Trevor looked around awkwardly. They all looked like they were doing something serious. "Sorry to interrupt..."

"Oh no...no it's okay," she said reassuringly.

Kevin and Manic gave each other a knowing smirk. Looked like Betty had herself a boyfriend.

"We're just working on our uh..."

"Our murder board," Manic cut her off. "Yeah, it's an exposé on what makes a murderer kill red heads,"

Betty looked at him with a slight glare before turning back to Trevor with a strained smiled. Trevor slightly chuckled. "Um, I just wanted to make sure if we're still on for tomorrow."

"Absolutely, it's a date," she said kindly before realizing what she said. "Uh...I mean, I'll see you there, bye."

Trevor smiled and left the room.

"Wow, Goldie locks you really know how to pick them," Manic said with a comical grin. Betty rolled her eyes at the Latin boy. "Shut up, Manny."