Things I'll Never Say 2/2

Song: Things I'll Never Say-Avril Lavigne 

"DAD!" I yelled as I sifted through my mess of a room. 

"What is it Sugarpea?" He yelled back, most likely from the kitchen. I groaned and gave up looking in my room.

"Have you seen my lyric book?" I asked him as I walked out, going through the hallway that lead to our kitchen. 

"Uhhh.... No, I haven't seen it anywhere." He replied simply, before returning to the pasta he was making for my brothers and I. 

I groaned again and punched the wall, angry at myself for losing it.

Not only was it a book of all the songs I've written, but it was some sort of a 'diary'. It held all my secrets from the past year, including my extremely embarrassing fanfics of my crush and me.

If anyone finds it and reads it, I might just die. 

~~~

I walked through the school until I suddenly heard the slight strummings of a guitar. Curious, I looked to see a familiar head of light blue hair. 

Katie plays the guitar?

But what surprised me even more was when she began to sing. It was like being transformed into a music video. The way the guitar mixed in with her slightly deep singing voice made me melt right there, as if I wasn't already in love with her. 

A honk of a horn made me hide behind the nearby wall, before peeking my head out to see Katelyn running toward a truck. When I saw the truck was officially gone, I walked out to where she was sitting to find a small, leather notebook. 

I picked it up, looking out at the school parking lot. 

Well I can't just leave it there. Someone could steal it, or the mice could eat it. 

I walked out to my car, book in hand, before starting it and driving off. 

~~~

I stared at the book that sat on my desk. 

I shouldn't open it. 

It's her privacy.

But...

I mean, she did leave it. 

She wouldn't of been so reckless with it if she cared that deeply for it. 

Okay, maybe just one peek...

I ran over and tore that book open. 

It was full of songs, all hand written in her perfect cursive. They started out about mainly her friends, family, and even her brothers. But as I continued, I saw the songs beginning to mention of someone, a crush maybe. 

I then came across a song that seemed familiar. It took me a minute to realize it was the song she was singing earlier. These lyrics confirmed my assumption that she really liked someone, which hurt a little bit. No, it hurt a lot. Knowing the girl you've loved for so long is in love with someone else. 

I was about to stop reading, until i turned the page and found something interesting. It was a fanfiction.

He pushed me against the nearby wall, his glowing green eyes staring into my light blues. 

"You know Katelyn," The way he said my name made my blush darken to a crimson red. "The way you blush around me makes me love you even more." He began to lean forward.

"T-Travis..."  I whispered right before his lips crashed into mine.

Wait. WAit. WAIt. WAIT. HOLD THE PHONE. My eyes widened, before I looked back down and reread, just making sure I read this right. 

I did. 

Holy. Freak. Nuggets.

Katelyn Rose Firefist is in love with me. 

And now, I know exactly how to tell her I feel the same. 

~~~

I walked into school the next day, looking around for my favorite bluenette. The smile on my face could just not go away when I spotted her. 

"Hey Katie!" I called her over. She turned around, a smile coming to her face as she saw me. God she's gorgeous.

"Hey Valkrum. What's up?" Katelyn asked as she walked over. 

"Follow me." I grabbed her hand and ran over to the back part of the school. 

"Travis what are you-" I cut her off by pushing her against a nearby wall. 

"You know Katelyn," I purred, smirking as I saw her face turn a crimson red. "The way you blush around me just makes me love you even more." I began leaning in, knowing exactly what her reaction would be.

"Wait, how do you-" I crashed my lips into hers, the kiss once again cutting her off. 

I felt her hands move to my neck, and I smirked against the kiss. 

I pulled away, not wanting to move too fast. Her eyes showed surprise, confusion, and love all mixed in with periwinkle. 

"H-How...How did y-you know that?" She spoke, looking into my eyes. 

I smiled and pulled the book out from behind me. "Keep writing songs. Your voice is beautiful and it would be a shame if you let it all go to waste. Also, I'll pick you up at seven."

"What?" She snatched her book, the blush still on her face. "Why would you pick me up at seven?"

"It's called a date, Katie." 

And with that, the first bell rang and I headed out to class.