In Heaven

"Levin! Lillith! Are you ready?" I yelled up the stairs of our New York apartment. Within minutes, Levin came down stairs in a blue plaid shirt and navy jeans. 

"Hey mom." He smiled. Irene he looks so much like his father. 

Mom opened the door to reveal Garroth. 

"Hey Sylvannah! Is Aphmau here?" He asked. He wore a blue plaid button up with a pair of navy jeans. Holy Nether he's hot.

"Yes and you should be glad your Zianna's boy, or else you wouldn't be anywhere near my daughter." I saw him gulp and giggled. 

"Hey Garroth!" I squeal, stepping in front of my mother. He smiles, looking into my hazelnut eyes. 

"Ready to go?" Garroth asks, offering his arm. 

"Yeah."  I accept it, and he guides me to his car. First date, lets do this. 

"Hi mom!" I blink and look up at our fifteen year old daughter, Lilith. She wore a lacey, rose pink top and a pair of skinny jeans. She pulled her hair to the side in a messy fishtail braid, her bangs hanging down on the left side of her face. Lilith held her guitar, sliding it over her shoulder and onto her back.

"Okay, everyone ready?" I ask, putting my hands on my hips. My two kids nod, and we head out. 

The streets of New York were quiet for once. A Sunday afternoon, everyone probably at work or church. Or the people like us, walking on a special walk. We stopped at the cafe. 

"Hold up, Zane just walked right in while you were taking a shower?" I managed to get out between laughter. 

"Yeah! And I yelled at him and he just started crying!" Garroth explained even more, taking a sip of his chocolate milkshake. 

"You and Zane are the best bros I know." I smile, sipping my strawberry milkshake. 

"If by best bros you mean a cat-astrophe just waiting to happen, then yes."  I covered my mouth, trying to keep my milkshake from pouring out of my mouth. Instead, it came out of my nose. 

I smiled as the memory faded. We headed in and I saw Kawaii~Chan behind the counter. 

"Aphmau~Senpai, Levin~Kun and Lilith~Chan! The usual milkshakes?" We nodded and sat down at the bar seats. 

"Hey mom, remember when dad would sing while cooking?" Levin asked, lightening the mood. 

"Of course. We would all sing the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song." I smiled.

"Now this is the story all about how..." Garroth started, smirking. 

"MY LIFE GOT FLIPPED TURNED UPSIDE DOWN!" I joined in, laughing and screaming.

"AND I'D LIKE TO TAKE A MINUTE JUST SIT RIGHT THERE..." We sang together, then pointing at five year old son. 

"I'LL TELL YA HOW I CAME THE PRINCE OF A TOWN CALLED BEL AIR!" Levin finished. We all laughed and joined in a big family hug.

Kawaii~Chan handed us the milkshakes, and we told more stories about him. He was the greatest. I love him. 

We finished our milkshakes and paid Kawaii~Chan, then headed out to go to the memorial. It wasn't that far of a walk, and when we got there, we pushed through the crowd of people to the engraved names.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" I ask, fighting tears. 

"I'll go." Levin volunteered. He walked forward, placing a hand on the engraved stone finding his name. 

"Hey dad. I just want you to know that you're the real super hero. I love and miss you so much. I wish I could've spent more time with you. Bye, daddy." My twenty year old son cried hard and backed away into his sister's arms. Guess it's my turn. 

I walked up to the stone, placing my hand down. I looked through the names until I found it. 

Garroth Ro'Meave. 

"Garbear. Gar Gar." I felt the tears stream down my face. "Lilith's fifteen now. She's such a bright girl. Just like you. The apartment is still quiet without you, even after fifteen years. Paying rent is hard, sure, but I work double time so it gets done. You are a hero, Garroth. You helped save so many lives." The tears were falling at a rapid pace now. "I'll see you one day in heaven. Bye, Gar Gar." 

Levin had let go of Lilith by now, his arms open for me. I ran back and hugged him, letting Lilith walk up with her guitar. I watched as she found his name, her guitar now in her hands in playing position. 

"Hey daddy." She started. "Even though I never got to meet you, I've heard so many stories about you. I'm even named after you, Lilith Garnet Ro'Meave. I've been taking lessons on the guitar. I wrote this song about you and mom." (Play Music above)

"Oh - thinkin' about all our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free

Now nothin' can take you away from me
We've been down that road before
But that's over now
You keep me comin' back for more

And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven

And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven

Oh - once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feelin' down

Yeah - nothin' could change what you mean to me
Oh there's lots that I could say
But just hold me now
Cause our love will light the way

And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven

And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven

I've been waitin' for so long
For somethin' to arrive
For love to come along

Now our dreams are comin' true
Through the good times and the bad
Yeah - I'll be standin' there by you

And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven

And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven, heaven, oooh

You're all that I want
You're all that I need

We're in heaven
We're in heaven
We're in heaven"

Lilith ended her song, then walked back to us. Tears were streaming down her face. She joined in a family group hug. 

One family. Hugging in the middle of New York City. All in tears.

But that family was missing a member. 

Because that member was watching from heaven, a smile as he knew. 

That his family would one day be reunited with him.

In Heaven.