Winter Break Pt: 3

~Aphmau's POV~

We walked out of the hotel and began walking toward the theater.

"So Aph, tell me about yourself. You obviously aren't from here." Garroth asks.

"Well, my full name is Aphmau Jessica Lorde, and I grew up in the Los Angeles area in California. I started playing the violin at age seven, fell in love, and got accepted into Juilliard music program when I graduated high school. I love chocolate. A lot. My dog Celeste is my favorite thing ever. EVER." I reply. He looks at me and laughs at my last comment, and I chuckle along. We keep walking, and we just look at each other smiling. 

"So, what about you Garroth? What's your life story?" I ask, breaking the comfortable silence between us.

"My life story isn't as interesting as yours, but I'll tell you some of it. My full name is Garroth Ro'Meave, and I have two younger brothers, Zane and Vlyad. I'm pretty much the exact twin of my father, blonde hair, blue eyes, but our personalities couldn't be more different. He is always looking for a way to expand his company and make us even more money. I hate having a lot of money. All I can think about is if we donated half of our family funds to a charity in Africa or the Philippines, we could feed all of the starving kids there for a week." He sighed and looked down, obviously embarrassed. 

"Look! We're here!" I say cheerfully, trying to lighten the mood. Garroth looks up and smiles. He turns to me and holds his hand out, inviting me to take it. I accept it, smiling back. We go up to see what's playing. Let's see, there's Captain America: Civil War. Already seen it. Angry Birds Movie? Looks stupid.

"How about The Boy?" Garroth asks. Oh no. I could barely sit through the trailer without screaming bloody murder. 

"Sounds scary. Let's do it!" I lie. We go up to the ticket booth to buy our tickets. I pull out my wallet to pay for mine, but Garroth quickly pays for both of us. 

"I invited you out tonight. I'm paying for everything. No buts." He whispers in my ear. I want to insist that I will pay for the snacks, but I decide to accept his kind gesture. He's being a gentleman. That's good, right? 

We head inside, and stop to get popcorn with extra butter and two Cokes. We take our seats in theater as the lights dim and the previews begin. No going back now.

~TIME SKIP TO DURING THE MOVIE~

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I scream and jump into Garroth's open arms. He wraps his arms around me and I dig my head into his shirt. 

"Do you want to go? We don't need to stay the entire time." He whispers. I nod and we both stand up and walk out of the theater. We just start walking in a random direction. We start talking about nothing, like we've known each other forever. 

I feel safe around him. I know, I've only known him for less then a day. But there's something about him. When he smiles, it makes my heart melt. When I look into his eyes, it makes my face turn as red as a tomato. I think about this and not where I'm going, so clumsy me trips. Again. Garroth quickly grabs my waist and pulls me up. I turn around to find myself inches away from his face. 

"How do we always end up like this?" I ask. He chuckles and closes the gap between us.