The Day We Meet Again (2)

"Aphmau, why didn't you discuss this with me first? I would've loved to know we were going to the Ro'Meave's house today for dinner." Aaron argued with me as he tied his tie. 

"I'm sorry! You were gone and he needed an answer!" I apologized, balancing myself in the tall heels. 

"Whatever." Aaron scoffed, walking out of his closet to join me. "After tonight, never make a decision about anything without referring to me first." He grabbed my wrists, as he usually did when I disobeyed him. 

"Yes, of course Aaron." I looked down as he gripped my wrists harder and leaned his lips toward my neck, biting hard and aggressive to leave a mark. 

"Never." Aaron grabbed my chin, making me look in his eyes. "Never ever forget you are mine." He let go and sent me off to grab Garnet. 

I walked down the hall to Garnet's room, knocking on the door before walking in, finding my daughter in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. 

"Oh Garnet, we are going to dinner. Here, let me get you a dress." I smiled down at my daughter, walking toward her closet and grabbing a blue dress. 

"Thanks mommy! But I has a question for you." Garnet said, slipping the dress on. 

"What is it, my gem?" I asked, helping her put on her sandals. 

"How does mommy know Jessica's papa?" She replied in an innocent tone. My eyes widened, remembering my past. 

"Oh, well, we met when we were about your age. We were best friends just like you and Jessica. At one point, we loved each other. But he moved away and we lost contact." I fight back tears, as it still hurts me to this day. 

"But mommy loves papa, right?" Garnet looked up into my eyes, her dark brown orbs showing hope. 

"O-Of course. All feelings that I ever felt for Garroth are all in the past." I fake smiled, grabbing her hand. "Now, let's go eat dinner." 

We met up with Aaron, to which he just looked the other way. Of course, the silent treatment. 

The car ride to the house was silent, except for Garnet's singing session in the back. 

We arrived at the house, or should I say mansion. I mean, it was huge! We walked the stairway up to the house, mine and Garnets' eyes are as wide as saucers. Aaron, however, had his arms crossed and looking the other way. 

Garnet skipped up to the door, popping her foot as she knocked on the door very innocently. The door was opened by a girl with wavy brownish-blondish hair, her smile very present on her face. 

"You must be the Claw family! My name is Bailey, the housemaid. Come, follow me. Garroth is waiting for you." We followed her through the big house, to what we guessed was the formal dining room. "Please, sit down. I'll go get Garroth and Jessica." With that, Bailey walked off. 

"Aaron, please just talk to me." I whisper pleaded. 

"Aphmau. I'm not speaking to you until you repay me for agreeing to something without my permission. Now, we will get through this dinner, go home, tuck Garnet in, and then you will let me play with you." He leaned down into my face, his harsh tone making me flinch. 

"Yes, Aaron." I replied, looking down and holding back tears.

"Aphmau! Aaron! So good to see you again!" Garroth's British accent made us look up, a smile present on his face. 

"It's great to see you too, Garroth." Aaron put a fake smile on, sitting down. 

"Garroth? Would me to bring the food out now?" Bailey asked as the rest of us sat down. 

"It's alright, Bailey. I told you, you have the night off to  go out with Laurence. I heard you two were seeing each other?" With that statement, Bailey blushed a deep red, nodding and rushing off. 

"She seems nice." I commented, and Garroth just laughed. 

"Yeah, she is. Laurence and her have been seeing each other, and he's always here to pick her up. It's quite adorable actually." Garroth chuckled, before another maid came in. 

"I come bringing dinner." Said the red-headed maid.

"Thank you Lucinda, it looks amazing." Garroth thanked.

"No need to thank me Garroth." She looked at the rest of us before stopping at Aaron. She gave him a very suggestive look before winking seductively and walking off, swinging her hips. I looked at his face, and I could tell he was enjoying every second of it. I sighed, honestly used to it by now. I turned back to Garroth, who was gripping his fork, angry at something. 

"So, Garroth, where's you wife?" I asked, wondering where she was. 

"Oh, well, you see, Jessica happened after a drunken night. Her mother wasn't in the financial state to care for a child, so she asked me if I could raise her." Garroth explained, looking down. 

The rest of dinner was more small talk and nostalgia, before Aaron excused himself to the bathroom. 

"Hey, Jessica, why don't you go play with Garnet in your room?" Garroth suggested to his daughter. 

"Great idea daddy! C'mon Garnet!" Jessica exclaimed, pulling Garnet off and probably upstairs. 

"Aphmau, wanna go see the garden with me?" Garroth asked, standing up and walking over to me. I smiled, standing up as he approached me. Garroth held his hand out, as if he was a prince. 

"I'd love to." I giggled and accepted the hand, to which he lead me out the back of the house. 

We laughed and giggled more about old times, talking about high school and everything that happened. 

"Tell me Aphmau, why did you break up with me?" Garroth asked, sitting us down on the stone bench. 

"Garroth," I leaned into him, to which he responded with wrapping his arms around me. "You were going to school in England. I didn't want us to suffer through long-distance, as we would both be in school at different times." 

"Did you ever, you know, stop loving me?" Garroth looked down at me, staring into my soul with his beautiful blue eyes. 

"Oh Garroth, I'll never stop loving you." I glanced down at his lips, suddenly craving the feeling of them against mine. 

"Aphmau..." He whispered, his eyes fluttering to close as leaned down. I shut mine as our lips touched, the sparks of old times flying all around. 

The kiss was slow and sweet, pouring all old feelings that never left us into it. We parted and leaned our foreheads against each other, smiles present on our bright red and pink faces. 

"Garroth, I love you. I never stopped." I said as I pulled him into another loving kiss. I never wanted this moment to end, as I knew what would happen after tonight. 

Aaron would tie me up to a chair naked and whip me, the send me down to the basement to sleep on the cold floor. That's what our marriage was, forced actions made by Aaron. He forced me to be his girlfriend, forced me to marry him, forced me to have a kid with him. My relationship with Aaron was all forced, but I thought I really loved him. 

But reuniting with Garroth these past days, I realized that I never loved Aaron. I love Garroth, and I always will. 

"Garroth, can I tell you something?" I asked, separating our lips from each other. 

"Of course Aphmau." I He looked me in the eyes, once again looking into my soul. 

I told him about everything with Aaron, how he cheated on me multiple times, the abuse, everything.

"Oh Aphmau," He pulled me into an embrace, and I cried into his chest. "You don't deserve that Aphmau. I'm sorry, but I have to report this to the authorities. I can have him arrested for everything he's done to you." 

"But Garroth, what if he..."

"No, as long as I'm in your life Aphmau, there's no way in Hell I'm letting anyone hurt you." Garroth pulled away, looking in my eyes and pulling me into a quick and loving kiss. 

"I love you, Aphmau."