Contest Entry!

This one-shot is part of TheTravlynAlliance's Contest to become part of the group!

Hi! I'm Bailey Rose!

Ship: Travlyn
Title of Oneshot: Locked Out

I glanced out the window, seeing the city I loved so much covered in a blanket of white. I sighed and continued jumping up and down to get my stupid black skinny jeans on. I freaking hate winter. 

I slipped my black jacket over my light blue sweater, not wanting to be cold. I slipped on a pair of long socks and combat boots, falling backwards onto my bed. 

I stand back up and grab my phone, ready to face the outside world. I walk out of my apartment and down the hallway to the elevator. I wait for the doors to open, checking my phone and how I'm doing on time. Perfect, still have thirty minutes. The doors open and I'm greeted by a man with snow white hair and sparkling green eyes. 

"Hey." He says as the doors close, breaking the awkward silence between us.

"Hello." I reply with a fake smile, wanting to be friendly. 

"Where you going?" He suddenly asks. 

"Why would I tell a complete stranger who for all I know could be a creepy stalker where I'm going?" I roll my eyes and look at my phone. 

"A fiesty blueberry I see." I hear him mumble. 

"It's Katelyn." I look up to see the doors open, and I rush out to get away from that weirdo. 

~~~

"Okay, one plate of Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pancakes and a Frosted Mint Hot Chocolate coming right up." I smile, walking off to the kitchen. 

I hand the order off to the chef, who snatches it and goes back to cooking. I sigh and head back outside to see someone seated at one of my tables. I walk over, putting another fake smile on. 

"Hello! Welcome to IHop! What can I get you?" 

He looks up and I notice his glowing green eyes, and that's when I recognize him.

"Jeffory why are you here?" I ask, rolling my eyes for the second time this morning.

"Oh, hi Katelyn. I didn't know you work here." He smiles innocently. 

"Jeffory, you met me here." 

Jeffory suddenly stands up, making me take a step back. "Katie, how many times do I have to say sorry? It was an accident!"

"Yeah, and I'm guessing that girl's lips just magically fell on top of yours." I walk away, he obviously doesn't want food. 

"Katie please!" He began to yell after me, to which I responded with my bird finger. 

~~~

"You have to be freakin be kidding me." I shout, letting a couple tears escape my eyes. I finally give up searching and plop myself down outside my door. I pull my knees into my chest and hug them, silently crying to myself. 

~Travis~

I walk down the hallway to see the girl from this morning, Katelyn, sleeping against what I'm guessing to be her apartment door. The scene took me back to a day I tried so hard to forget. 

"DADDY! DADDY LET ME IN IT'S S-SNOWING!" I beg, snot filled tears falling down my frostbitten cheeks. 

"You aren't coming in until you learn to be a man!" My father yelled back. 

I continued to bang on the door until I eventually gave up and sat down outside the door, where I fell asleep and was found by the adoption agency. 

I took another look to see her cheeks stained with red tear marks. I told myself I couldn't just leave her there, so I picked her up and carried her to my apartment. 

I put her phone on my charger and tucked her into my bed, to which she snuggled up to the green comforter. I smiled and stroke her cheek, before leaving her to go sleep on my couch. 

~Katelyn~

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed. I stood up in the bed, looking around frantically. Where am I? WHY am I here? Who brought me here? 

I slowly stand up and walk out, to see the man from the elevator sitting on the couch watching Fairy Tail. 

"YOU!" I yell. He jumps up, rushing over to me. "DID YOU KIDNAP ME? OH MY IRENE YOU ARE EVEN MORE OF CREEP THAN I THOUGH YOU WERE!" 

"Shhh. I didn't kidnap you." He reassures me. I don't believe him for a second. 

"Then WHY am I here?" 

"I found you outside of your apartment asleep, and I couldn't just leave you there. So I brought you here." I open my mouth to say something witty back, but I couldn't think of anything. 

"Well, thank you. I guess." I say, sitting down on his couch. 

"The name's Travis." Travis states with a smile, sitting next to me and continuing his episode. 

"Which episode is it?" I ask quietly. 

"Episode 288." He states, his eyes fixated on the T.V. 

"Well, I'm going to be stuck here for a while before my landlord gets here. Wanna try to get to know each other?" I ask, trying to be friendly to him again. 

"Yeah, yeah sure." 

We spent the day playing random games to get to know each other. 

It was the first time I had ever had fun while locked out of my apartment.