Running Away

~3rd POV~

The rain fell hard as the people of New York headed to wherever they needed to go. They didn't stop for anything, nothing at all. Just held their umbrellas and walked as quickly as possible. All of them had somewhere to go, with the exception of two. 

One was a girl named Aphmau, who had been abused and beaten too many times to count. Currently, her boyfriend Aaron holds the abuser position in her life, or should I say ex-boyfriend. That's the reason she's out in the streets. To get away from him

The other was a man named Garroth. He came from a wealthy family and was a graduate from Ouran Academy. He hated it. Currently, Garroth was in an argument with his father, as he is getting forced into a relationship with a girl named Nicole. That's the reason he's in the streets. To get away from her.

The chances of these two finding each other were slim to none, being in one of the biggest cities in the country. But some how, they did. And this is their story. 

~Garroth's POV~

I was running. Running away from her. Running away from my dad. Running away from my life. It was dark and stormy but I didn't give two craps. The people around me are glaring at me as I rush past them, but who freaking cares. I just need to get away.

Soon enough, I reach a more sketchy part of the city. I start to slow down and I stop in front of an ally. I put my hands on my knees and bend over, breathing heavy. But I get cut short as I hear screaming and crying. 

"AARON! PLEASE NOO!" Screams the voice. "PLEASE! please..." 

I look over to see a girl who is up against a wall with a guy. Ugh. But I look closer, I see the guy has something. A knife... 

Without even thinking twice, I run over and punch whoever the guy is in the face as hard as I can. The guy falls unconscious, and I grab the girls hand and take off running. I don't stop until we get to a better part of town, and I let go of her and she looks up to me with hope in her eyes. 

"T-Thank you." She says. I take the time to look at her more closely. She has beautifully tan skin that is complimented with her deep brown eyes. Her black raven hair flows down to at least her mid back.

"You're welcome, uh..."

"Aphmau."

"Garroth." I look into her eyes and she looks into mine. " Hey, Aphmau, how about we head into this cafe to talk some more?" I suggest, gesturing to the cafe that we happen to be standing right in front of in the pouring rain.

"That's a great idea." Aphmau smiles, and we walk into the cafe.

~TIME SKIP~

We sit down in a window stool and immediately start up a conversation. We both are obsessed with video games and this game called Minecraft, the cool colors, and winter time. Our conversation begins to die, so I go ahead and ask her the question that's been on my mind.

"Hey, Aph?"

"Yeah, Gar?" We somehow made up nicknames for each other in the couple hours we've been here.

"Who was that guy you were with earlier?" Aph's smile begins to fade, and she looks down as tears begin to form.

"His name is Aaron, and he's my ex-boyfriend. He abuses me every week, and when I finally broke up with him, he brought me out to an ally and took out a knife. He started talking about how he was going to kill me, and that's when you showed up and totally owned him." She laughed at what she added at the end, and I chuckled along. 

"Excuse me, but I'm afraid that we are closing. Please pay and leave." Interrupts a waitress. 

"Oh, sorry. Here." I hand her a twenty dollar bill and me and Aphmau exit the cafe.

"Aph, I hope I see you again." I say as we exit. 

"Give me your phone." I take my phone out and she takes out hers. I enter in my number as she enters in hers.

"Let's hang out tomorrow."

"Agreed." I turn around and walk away.

"Really? You're just going to walk away?" Aph yells. I smile and turn around and we sprint toward each other. We meet up, foreheads touching, breathing heavily. 

"I won't ever walk away." I close the gap between us. 

If Running Away meant meeting her, I would've ran away long before today. 

Hi! I'm back from Hell and I forgot to grab souvenirs! I'm sorry! But I'm back from the dead and will be writing more I promise! But, that's all for now folks!

BYE ~Bails~