A Paris Night Part: 1

This takes place in Paris. Just sayin.

"Aphmau? What are you doing up here?" I looked back to see my best friend, Garroth.

"Oh, hey Garroth. I'm just enjoying the view, thinkin' about life." I respond with a sigh, wiping away tears that were falling. I always came up to the top of the Eiffel Tower when I'm feeling down and I just need a breather.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Garroth asked, walking up next to me.

"How long have you known Ivy?" I ask him, not wanting to ruin a friendship.

"Ivy and I have been friends since Freshman year of high school, why?"

"In that case, I think it's better if you don't know."

"Aph..." Garroth starts, and I look away. But he grabs my chin and makes me look up into his sea blue eyes.

"Aph, if Ivy did something, just know that I have been best friends with you since we were in diapers. It may sound terrible but, you mean a lot more to me than Ivy. Okay? So please, tell me what's making this beautiful girl in front of me cry?"

~Garroth~

Calling Aphmau just my best friend hurts. I wish it was more, but I know her heart belongs to another.

Aphmau took a deep breath, before spilling out her heart.

"Ivy! She... she told me that I will never find love. She said that I wasn't good enough for anyone in the world, and that I should just go die. She said that I was just a background character and if I went missing no one would notice or care." Aphmau began to cry harder.

I wrapped my arms around her as she continued. "She told me that I don't deserve the friends I have, and that you guys are only friends with me out of pity!" I squeezed tighter.

"Aphmau, please, for the love of Irene please never kill yourself! I love you too much to live without you! Irene, I love you so much. You aren't a background character! Everyone would miss you if you were gone! So please, don't listen to her!" I screeched, beginning to cry. Aphmau wrapped her arms around me, and we sunk to the floor.

"Garroth, Garroth I love you too."

I pulled away and looked at her, eyes in shock.

She loves me?