Cinderella Pt: 4

~Garroth~

As the maidens began to come, my brothers and I were in charge of welcoming them. Maiden after maiden came, and none of them really caught my eye. I know the real reason why father held this ball, it was so that I could find a wife quicker. I didn't want to upset him, so I just went along with whatever excuse he came up with.

By the time these two very ugly sisters came, I was sick and tired of maidens coming up to me and wanting me to kiss them or marry them. It gets annoying. But after those two left, my brothers and I were finally excused to the ballroom.

"Welcome, maidens of Ru'an! As you know, we are throwing this ball because Prince Garroth of O'Khasis returned from signing a peace treaty with the kingdom of Scaleswind. As a matter of fact, we have Princess of Nicole here tonight." Nicole stands from her seat next to me and waves. "Thank you all for coming." My father finishes.

"GARKINS! Let's go dance!" Nicole squeals as she takes my hand and pulls me onto the ballroom floor. The orchestra starts up, and Nicole makes me dance with her, causing people to stare. I look around the room, until my eyes land on a maiden that is at the start of the stairs. Seeing my action, everyone turns to look at the fair maiden.

She has long wavy black hair that rests at her side, with beautiful tan skin complementing her hazel eyes. Her dress is a magnificent light purple, complementing her features just perfectly. 

I immediately left Nicole to go greet her at the bottom of the the staircase. She walked gracefully down the stairs, just like a true princess would. I held my hand out, which she blushed at before accepting it with a smile.

"Good evening, M'Lady." I whisper greeted her. 

"It's an honor to meet you, Prince Garroth." She spoke, her voice at just perfect pitch. 

"As it is to you, and please just call me Garroth. May I have this dance, M'Lady?" 

"It would be an honor, Garroth." She says, and I lead her out to the floor.

~3rd~

Aphmau and Garroth danced and danced, until the angry groans of fangirls began to make Aphmau feel uncomfortable. Garroth noticed this.

"Hey, you wanna go for a walk around the castle?" He whispers in her ear.

"That would be nice, yes." Aphmau whispers back. They gradually make their way through the crowd of people towards Laurence.

"Hey, make sure no one follows us." Garroth says him. 

"Of course, your majesty." Laurence says with a wink.

Garroth leads Aphmau to the outskirts of the castle, her holding onto his elbow.

"I want to get to know you more, M'Lady. Any way that I can?" Garroth asks Aphmau once they are finally out of the castle.

"Well, you could always just ask me questions." Aphmau answers simply. 

"Alright, how does twenty sound?" Garroth asks.

"Sounds great." Aphmau answers simply again.

"Okay, where are you from?"

"Phoenix Drop."

"Princess?"

"I wish." They both laugh at her answer. 

The questions keep coming and Garroth learns more and more about his mystery girl. She loves chocolate, animals, and singing. The more he learns about Aphmau, the more and more he falls for her. Soon enough, he is down to his last question.

"Alright, Garroth. Last question, make it count." Aphmau says playfully.

"Do you want to kiss me as much as I want to kiss you?" Garroth asks, looking deep into her eyes. She blushes, and looks deep into his eyes.

"I don't know, let's try." Aphmau whispers. Garroth puts his hand in her hair and on the back of her head, leaning in. They are so close that even a coin couldn't fit in the gap. Garroth is about to close the gap of nervousness when...

F'TANG!

F'TANG!

F'TANG!

"Oh my! It's almost midnight!" Aphmau gasps backing away and standing up.

"Yes, it is. What about it?" Garroth asks, grabbing her hand and standing up with her.

"I'm sorry! I have to go!" Aphmau says running away. 

"WAIT! I never got your name!" Garroth calls after her. 

Aphmau runs past the garden and into the castle, Garroth close behind. Laurence stops him.

"Garroth, what's the matter?" He asks, worrying about his best friend.

"Close the gates! Make sure that girl doesn't leave!" Garroth commands Laurence. 

Aphmau runs down the stairs of the front of the castle, losing a shoe. She wants to stop to grab it, but she needs to escape. Aphmau hops into the carriage and takes off, just barely making it before the gates close. 

~Garroth~

I continue to chase after my mystery maiden, and she manages to lose a slipper on the stairway. I stop to grab it, knowing I'll never catch up to her. I look at the slipper, noticing how it's made of glass. 

"I'll find you." I say into it.

"I'll always find you."

A/N If anyone can point out all the references in this chapter, they are automatically the coolest freakin person ever. Also, pretend that this was uploaded on Tuesday and not Wednesday. I ran out of time in the day, and with the dance season starting back up, my days are very busy now. That's all for now folks!

BYE~Bails~