SONGFICTION: Someone You Like

Song: Someone You Like

Artist/Band: The Girl and The Dreamcatcher

~Garroth's POV~

"I sat in the small coffee shop, writing down poems for a college course I was taking at Phoenix University. I had a caramel macchiato and a sugar cookie, my usual order. When she walked in. She had a purple ribbon in her raven black hair, clear tan skin, and hazel eyes.

I saw you, with that ribbon in your hair

Think that I began to stare

Maybe I'll love you, for a while. 

She ordered her coffee and pastries and sat down in the comfy chair next to mine, where at that she started reading a book called Midnight.

A stranger, at a table in a place

And a really pretty face 

I wonder what happens, when you smile

I returned to my poems, but decided to scrap the idea I had and start a new one. I started writing down.

"I might never be your hero,

never been one to fight.

That don't mean that I can't be your valentine.

I won't be your savior either,

couldn't even if I tried.

But I-I think I could be someone you like.

Someone you like" 

I finished off the poem with a smile and looked up to see the girl looking at me shyly behind her hair, then quickly returning to her book once I saw her."

~Aphmau's POV~

"The man finished what he was writing with a small smile and looked up. He caught me staring, and I quickly returned to my book.

Reading, in a coffee shop we share

Hiding shy behind my hair 

Watching our movie, in my mind.

After a few seconds I looked up again to see him looking at me, and he blushed and looked down. I blushed and smiled, and he looked up which made me look down. This went on and on.

I promise, promise not to fly away

Make a story of today

C'mon, give me a try.

I pulled out a piece of notebook paper out of my bag and started writing down a note to give to him.

"Now I might never stop your sorrow,

fix you up good as new.

But that don't mean that I can't hold your hand in mine!

I might never say I'm sorry,

even if I've done you wrong.

But I think I could be someone you like,

Someone you like." 

I balled up the message and threw it at him. It hit him in the face and I immediately looked down, embarrassed. I heard laughing and uncrumpling of paper. I looked up to see him blushing while reading my paper. He looked up at me and smiled wide, but then he surprised me. He spoke!

"I'm Garroth, and 

I might never be your hero,

but I think I'd like to try.

And the way you look at me is your reply." The man spoke in a deep British accent.

"You got a lot to learn about me,

Maybe you could start tonight. 

I'm Aphmau" I replied to him. Garroth smiled and looked down. He reached to grab my hand and I grabbed his and intertwined our fingers.

"Cause I think I could be someone you like." Garroth said shyly.

"Someone you like" I repeated, and we walked out of the coffee shop hand in hand, blushing a deep crimson red. I heard squealing coming from the cashier but I just ignored it."

"And that kids, is how your grandma and grandpa met." Garroth finished for me. I glared at him and he chuckled, kissing my temple.

"Now it's way past your bedtime little ones. Go on, off to bed." I told my grandchildren. 

"Awww, just one more story?"  Whined Alexis Jr.

"How about in the morning I'll tell you some embarrassing moments from when I was a teacher?" I suggested. Alexis Jr. squealed along with the rest of my grandkids, and they ran to their rooms in the family cabin. I looked over at my husband, and smiled.

"Fifty years later, we are even more in love than before." I say giving him a peck.

"Fifty years eh? It feels like yesterday we were two college kids in a coffee shop." He replied with a smile.

"True love never does end does it?" I ask him, already knowing the answer.

"True love never ends, Aphie, not even when we die." Garroth gives me a loving kiss and walks back to our room. 

"Then I'm glad I met you." I say to myself, before following him into our room to sleep happily ever after.

A/N Soooooooooooooo, what ya think? Personally, one of my favorite things I've ever written ever. Like cuteness level: OVERLOAD. I heard this song and I pretty much knew I had to make a chapter about it. If you could, please tell me if I messed up any of the lyrics. I looked up the lyrics and listened to the song on repeat because I'm that much of a perfectionist, so please just tell me if I messed up any of the lyrics. That's all for now folks!

BYE~Bails~