When You Date Your Best Friend

I was casually watching Buzzfeed and I came across this video, and BAM! inspiration. So lucky you! Two oneshots for the price of one day! IT'S FREAKIN ADORABLE, JUST WATCH IT!

"I remember when watching ahead was a sin."

"You know what, Garroth's taking too long. I'm starting without him!" I talk to myself, starting the new episode of Steven Universe, which I finally got him into, without him.

Just as I did though, Garroth walked in.

"Oh you freakin suck." He stated with a smile.

"Oh c'mon it barely started!" I smile back, scooting over.

"Whatever." He sits and puts his arm around me, grabbing a handful of popcorn and stuffing it in his face.

"You suck so bad." Garroth said with a mouthful of popcorn, and I just leaned in and snuggled even deeper.

"And how every errand was a date."

"Okay, I'll go pick up the feathers and dry cleaning while you go get food for Celestia and we will meet up at Grillby's for dinner?" Garroth asked. It looked like we would be apart all day. I ain't lettin that happen.

"How 'bout we just do it together?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Sounds amazeballs." He smiled, kissing my forehead and grabbing the car keys.

"We would make the most out of every situation."

Garroth failed miserably at trying to hail a cab, eventually stopping and turning toward me.

"Looks like we're walking." He said with a smile. We interlocked hands and walked about a ten feet before he turned to me again. "Get on."

I smiled and hopped on his back, and we giggled and made puns all the way down to the beach.

"We didn't play by the rules."

Garroth and I decided to make pancakes one morning. As we were mixing up the Bisquick batter, he opened the pantry to find the maple syrup.

"I have an idea." He grabbed the maple syrup and opened up the bottle. "How about we put syrup IN the batter?"

"No~!" But he did it anyway.

Garroth licked up the batter and stuck it on his upper lip, laughing.

"Come here!" He started to lean in and I did to, giving him a small peck.

We cooked the pancakes and started eating.

"That was genius."

"We make fun of each other."

"You seriously eating a burrito with a fork and knife." Garroth asked, dramatically offended.

"Uh, yeah."

"Let me try." Garroth grabbed a fork and knife and tried to cut his burrito, destroying and tearring it.

"Look at this! I just ruined my burrito. Screw these." He chucked the fork and knife backwards and picked up the burrito with his hands.

"THIS is how to eat a burrito."

"I'm comfortable being myself."

Garroth started licking the plate the burrito was on.

"Ew!"

"What? It was good!"

"So good that you lick your plate?"

"Do not judge me."

"And your cheesy pickup lines actually work!"

"Hey, are your feet tired? Cuz you've been runnin through my mind."

"Oh come here!" I pulled Garroth closer and kissed him passionately.

"And our wrestling matches are a tradition."

"You think you're stronger than me?" Garroth asked, my body hovering over him.

"I am stronger than you."

He tried to push back up, which he almost did, but I pushed him back down.

"Okay okay you're stronger than me."

"We talked about literally everything."

"I have a confession."

"TELL. ME."

"I have not worn underwear in a week.

I laughed at his confession, snorting a bit.

"Me, or Levi?"

I paused. Oh Irene.

"Do not... say Levi."

"I was gonna say you!"

"There was no such thing as work."

I looked at all the papers I had to grade, only to look up and see Garroth with two Nerf guns.

"Stop do not." He aimed and shot. "Don't!"

I giggled and slid under the table, Garroth still aiming at me, and I ran around the house with him chasing me. I slipped and fell, him landing on me. He leaned down and kissed me.

"You was always there for me when times were tough."

I was tearing up. My mother, Slyvannah, had just passed.

"Hey, I heard the news. You okay?" Garroth asked, walking in and sitting down next to me.

"I'm here if you wanna talk."

"And you know exactly how to cheer me up."

"You know what? Wait here, I'll be back." Garroth stood up and walked out the door. He came back with a big grocery bag.

"I didn't know which flavor, so I just bought them all." He started unpacking Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

"What do you think?"

"I love you."

"And now today, I will be bonded with you forever. I Aphmau Jessica Phoenix, will become Mrs. Garroth Zachary Ro'Meave."