I didn't realize I wasn't answering him this whole time because of Elena's scandalous ways to mess with me.

"I don't even think you heard a word I just said." Jackson comments. I could feel him shaking his head on the other side of the phone.

I gulped. He's right, I didn't hear a single word he said. I chuckled nervously.

"I did hear you!" I exclaimed, trying not to sound like a horrible liar.

"Really? Then what were we speaking about just a second ago?" I stayed silent for a minute, contemplating on what I should say.

Before I could respond to him, he says, "Of course you didn't listen. I guess I'll have to repeat myself for the second time." I sigh.

"I have a business meeting tonight at La Grenouille's restaurant, and I need you to be my date since we have to bring one." He explains the rest of the details with a very serious tone. Wow, I've never heard him speak like this. I've gotta admit, his voice sounds so husky which makes it sexy and such a turn on. "Oh and don't forget to wear a nice dress. And preferably something sexy, although I'm pretty sure you look gorgeous in almost anything with that body." I could hear the lust in his voice. For some reason, instead of feeling disgust for once, I actually felt my heart flip.

After several minutes of me telling him 'no' and him ignoring me, I finally agreed to go just so I could end this phone call.

Obviously I wasn't thrilled to go, but at least something good came out of it. I get to go shopping with Lena! Maybe I'll even invite Vivian. Yes, that's what I'll do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Natalia? You've got to be kidding me." Vivian crosses her arms and looks at me glaring. "What?! I said this dress was in the 'maybe' pile. It doesn't mean I'm going to get it for sure." I say in a duh tone.

Vivian walks towards me and picks up the dress, holding it in front of me, smiling. "Yea, no. This dress is going in the 'hell no' pile."

"What?! Why?!" I whined dramatically. "Because, it's not sexy enough." I pouted. Every damn dress I picked out has been declined. Vivian kept saying how I need to look flawless in front of Jackson. As for Elena--

Sigh. Not even going to get started with that girl.

"Vivian, I hope you know I'm not going on a date with him. It's a business dinner." I say, making sure she knows that Jackson and I aren't a thing.

Vivian ignored me and kept on browsing through the racks. And me? Well since Vivian wasn't acknowledging any of my dress choices, I just sit on the square cushioned couch by the dressing rooms, patiently waiting for her.

15 minutes later...

"Omg Nat, come here!" Vivian hollered. I look up from my phone to see her smiling excitedly.

Relieved, I get up from the cushioned couch and hurry towards her. My eyes widen as I see the dress she holds up. "Vivian, are you crazy? I'm going on a fucking business dinner. I'm not trying to debauch him so that we can have sex! That dress is nowhere near professional!" I take a breath and continue. "I admit that dress is hot as hell, but do you have any idea of how much of a player he is? Oh god, what if he tries to kidnap me?! Or worse! What if he tries to rape me?!" Vivian looks at me with a bored face.

I finally get the clue to shut up. Vivian then asks, "Are you done?" She raises her eyebrows. Out of breath, I nod. "Really? Rape?" I sigh. "Sorry, I was ranting." Vivian chuckles and shakes her head.

"Come on Nat. Who cares if it's a stupid business dinner? It's not like you work at his company. I bet Jackson would get a boner if he saw you in this dress." Vivian gestured towards the black bodycon dress, while giving me a smirk. As soon as she says that, I punch her arm and glower at her. "Ow! You're a very violent woman. I was only stating the truth, and you just had to punch me." She whines and rubs her arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking through the rest of the mall, we turn the corner to see Elena shoving mini corn dogs in her mouth. There's ketchup smeared all around her mouth. That girl. She's not even supposed to be eating those.

I laugh along with Vivian. "Elena, you're lucky that your manager isn't here. Otherwise your head would be at the end of the stake by now." She looks at us with wide eyes and pleads, "Oh god, you guys better not tell Claire I've been eating these. Otherwise your heads will be at the end of my stake." She points her finger at us, squinting her eyes.

I roll my eyes and pull her out of her chair. "Let's get your fat ass out of here." Vivian laughs at my comment. "Hey! You can't drag me away from my babies!" As I pulled her out of the mall, she kept slapping my arm. Of course people were looking at us weirdly.

When we were out of the mall, I let go of her arm and turn around. Elena has her arms crossed with a pouty face. Sometimes I think that she's an 8 year old instead of 22.

"Do you guys realize that I've wasted a whole five bucks on those mini heaven corn dogs?" Vivian sighs. "Why don't you just go back inside and get them to go?" Elena looks at Vivian with a glare. Without answering us, she makes her way towards my car.

I turn to Vivian. "Is she really mad at us right now?" I could tell she was trying to hold back her laugh. "Don't worry, I've done this to her before. She'll get over it after like five minutes. Just remember, Elena loves food more than anything in this world." I laugh at the mere thought of my best friend. Vivian laughs along.

During the car ride, Elena didn't talk to us at all. We just let her be, and blasted 'Broccoli' in the car. Although I'm pretty sure we gained lots of attention towards our car because we were pretty much dancing dramatically and singing like dying goats. Elena even started laughing halfway through the ride. Well, guess who's not mad anymore?

All I have to worry about now is that stupid business dinner tonight with the devil. Hm, I wonder how that will go?

Hey readers! How'd you like it? Once again, feel free to comment or vote!