─ xii. revelations

Start from the beginning

Jughead sat on the opposite side, eating the cherry off of his sundae. Manic took the sundae and started eating it.

"What the hell, man?" The kid said, still scared of the fact that Manic was next to him.

"I saw the way you looked at me," he said. "During the grizzly training. You're hiding something,"

"Oh, I hate liars," Manic groaned, looking at Jughead. "Don't you hate them, Jones?"

"They're the worst," Jughead agreed with his eyes glued to the nervous boy. "So I suggest you tell the truth because once Manic gets angry, it's out of my hands. He's itching for a poor defenseless victim to use as a punching bag."

Manic tighten his grip on the boy, causing him to look at him with a fear ridden face. He glared at the defenseless boy viciously. "And I have a fist with your name on it."

"It's scoutmaster Doiley," the boy quickly said, not wanting to get beat up by the dangerous Cuban-Puerto Rican. "He's lying,"

"About what?" Jughead asked, curiously.

The boy straightened up after Manic let him go. "The gunshot. It was him. He was teaching us how to shoot targets."

Manic and Jughead looked at each other in disbelief. "Asian Harry Potter shot the gun on July 4th?"

"He's a hardcore survivalist. He says if we can protect ourselves, no one will," the kid warned. The two teens looked at each other again in shock. Who'd have thought that Dilton was that hardcore. Surely not the two of them.

"Well, thank you for your time," was all Jughead said as he climbed out the booth. Manic slapped him upside the head as he stood on the seat to hoop over him. "See ya around, pansy."

-

It was night time and Betty, Veronica, Ethel, Kevin and a few others snuck in the school after hours to find this book that was being held by the jocks. They all looked through it with Cheryl, who was shocked to see her brother in the book.

"Wait, look at this." Veronica said, noticing something. "Lola's name has her own page,"

Betty flipped to the back of the unfinished page. Sure enough, there was Lola's name drawn out, taking up most of the page with a crown drawn over her name.

"Grand Prize: Lola Rose Montoya?" Betty read out. Kevin gasped angrily. "Those dirty bastards are competing to see who can get Lola to sleep with them first!"

"And since she's one of the most popular girls and the toughest girl here," Cheryl said, slowly.

"She's the hardest to get." Betty finished. "Whoever gets her, wins this stupid sick game!!"

"So you've found the book," a voice made them all jump. Everyone turned towards the source to see Manic leaning his shoulder against the lockers near the trophy display. He held an apologetic look as his lips pursed. His hands were in his pockets and his feet crossed.

"You knew Polly was in this book?" Betty asked angrily. Angry that he would keep this from her and that he would praise him as this great guy when in reality, he was the biggest asshole. "You knew she was in here and you didn't bother to tell me?!"