─ iv. calm before

Start from the beginning

-

Jughead Jones. Former best friend of Archie Andrews, soon to be Novelist, loner, was about to hang out with the coolest and toughest girl in school. He half expected her to give him a bogus number when he texted her the time and this all to be fake. But she actually texted him back:

'Cool im on my way ;)'

That only made him nervous and excited at the same time. He walked in with a bit of a pep in his step and a small grin drawn on his face. Tate recognized that when he noticed the young night owl, who was usually frowning from lack of sleep. It was nice to see him a little happy.

(Her Outfit^^^)

(Her Outfit^^^)

To occupy his time while he waited, Jughead pulled out his laptop so he could add on his own personal chapter, away from his original novel.

After turning it on, he quickly began to open up a new page he titled 'Shades: Many Sides of Lola Rose'

' There are many sides to Lola Rose...

The mean and cruel kind that every adult in town knows. The most popular girl who is a bit cold and uncaring that everyone in school knows. And the actually laid back and kind girl I got to see.

Lola had always been a mystery to me. And it didn't hurt that she is very beautiful. Her long hair seemed endless with a really nice dark shade of black. Her eyes were a deep ocean green and that somehow became my new favorite color (As oppose to black and other dark colors). Her smile (the few times I caught her smiling) was the prettiest.

Here I am, in a diner. Waiting for her to come in, sounding like a romantic comedy movie as I write about the girl I've had a crush on since the 3rd grade. I know, it's ridiculous, I know. But....I don't know. I've never been interested in any other girls but her. I mean, sure there were other pretty girls. I mean very pretty. But all compared to Lola, they just seemed average.

And as such, I still can't believe she wants to actually ditch a stupid dance and hang out with me. ME! FORSYTHE JONES THE III!

I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel like the luckiest guy alive now because I feel pretty damn lucky right now. And thank god her brother, Manic, didn't beat me to a bloody pulp for even talking to her. Still scary, though.....

I wonder if I'm gonna see a different shade of her tonight.

Wish me luck...'

And just as he saved his work and switched his page, in came Lola carrying her small purse. He looked at her, scanning for him. And when she locked eyes with him, she smiled a little and walked towards him.