daughter off hell 64

Start from the beginning

"You've got nothing, admit it." I taunted.

"Then there's me knowing that you've got a thing for a certain bloodsucking prince."

My already slow pumping blood froze in my veins, only to start racing through my body at a speed that I hadn't know it possessed. I went from hot to cold, to extemely hot again, my mouth became dry and I felt like I couldn't draw enough air in my longs, not that I needed to breath but it had become an automatism and it felt weird and unsetteling that I wasn't able to perform this simple task.

"You know nothing." I managed to choke out.

"No, I know stuff, more than you can possibly imagine, young one. I know things that will happen, I know things that will go wrong... I know your destiny."

"We're demons, we decide our own fate. Are you drunk?"

Please, let him be drunk or high, I didn't care, but this wasn't the easy going demon I had known and had called my friend, even his voice sounded off.

"I've always known about you, Lucifer. I've always known you would come to Hell, I knew when you would leave, I know that you'll do what is necesarry, what is expected when the time comes."

I had awlays loathed the Fates, those three hags couldn't speak one sentence without turning it into a riddle. Why not say things straight, how they were, simple sentence with a clear meaning? I hated the mystical talk almost as much as my dad hated the believe that he used to be one of the angels, an archangel none the less.

Why was he telling me this? What did he mean, what was necesarry, what is expected from me? I hated destiny, it was never fair, it played tricks on people and just look at history and you could see what all had went wrong: king Croesus of Lydia asked the oracle of Delphi what would happen if he attacked Persia. The oracle answered: 'A great kingdom shall be destroyed.' It wasn't the Persian Empire that fell, Lydia would be conquerred by the persians in a short period of time.

I felt a bit like king Croesus, overconfident that things would go my way, but have it all taken away with the nagging sense I should have listened better to the prophecy. Well, in my case I hadn't even bothered to listen to any prophency even thought the Moira had been nagging my ears off to swing by and listen to them.

Never before had I regretted my decision not to give a damn about fate, I wasn't saying I felt regret exactely, but it came closer to it than I ever had before. How much more power I would have if knew what Belphegor was talking about, but power meant responsibility, actually knowing how to handle such grave knowledge, I wasn't great with that kind of power. Give me a good ass kicking any day, but please don't start harping to me about doing something that is expected. I did not handle expectations well.

"I don't know what you're expecting me to do, Belphegor. I came here to make you an offer. I didn't think I needed to bring gurards, because you are my friend. We are friends, are we not? I haven't heard off a demon with a Gift, our kinds isn't gifted. Humans, the Lore, yes, occasionally they get burdened with a Gift, some kind of extra sense, I know a vampire, Samuel, who I think can see the future, or at least parts of it. But angels and demons are pure blooded, we are not gifted, it isn't possible. So how is it you claim to be 'special'?"

"A Virtue, one of the Deadly Sins, the second in control of Hell, half angel, half demon. You claim the impossible."

"Stop parrying, and tell me what's going on."

"Did you know I am a Roman?"

"As in you used to be palls with Caesar? So you burned some Christians on a cross, everyone did something to land in Hell."