Chapter 17

Randhir came out from the room closing the door behind him and direct went to the terrace. He started marching there restlessly. He ran his fingers through his hairs and closed his eyes.

"How can I? Aarghhh! It's wrong." He cursed himself.

Randhir just had flashes of Sanyukta's face, her blood stained lips, her bruised skin, most of it her lifeless features. He hated himself at that moment.

"I can't do this to her, yes she was at fault also but I just crossed all my limits tonight. Main ek janwar ki tarha usski upor... I-I am sorry Sanyukta." He mumbled slowly.

He was too guilty to face himself when other side Sanyukta was bursted out under the shower.

"I hate you Randhir, nafrat karti hu main tumse. Iss duniya mein aagar main kisise nafrat karti hu toh sirf aur sirf tumse. Zindegi barbaad kar di tumne meri, main tumhari zindegi jahannum bana dungi!" She cried her heart out, the cool water can't soothed her even.

After half an hour the door of the washroom got open and a totally drenched Sanyukta came out. She stood up in front of the mirror and her eyes fall on her plump lips and tainted neck. She touched her bruised and winched in pain but instead of applying cream on it she dragged herself to the cupboard and pulled out a nighty. She quickly changed her dress and laid on the bed. She closed her eyes and had flashes that incident and tears rolled down from her eyes but her exhausted body was unable to wipe them.

On the other hand Randhir was cursing his every cell for his brutal behavior with Sanyukta. Never in his life he has felt this ashamed of himself. He had hallucinations of Sanyukta's swollen face, her bruises, her painful moans, her tear stained face and last but not the least her lifeless body. He was too ashamed to face Sanyukta now but he knew he had to someday. So he decided to retired back to their room and will apologise to her. He prepared himself mentally and came back to their room. He open the door slowly and saw her sleeping.

He was disappointed but has reliefed also but as soon as his eyes fall on her swollen lips and those bruises a lone tear escaped from his eyes. He hesitated once and then touched her bruises skin slowly when she stirred in sleep. He quickly went to the dressing table and bring her cream. He gently apply that on her bruises and lips then went back to his side.

"I'm sorry Sanyukta. Galti ho geyi mujhse, nehi karna chahiye tha aaisa, I'm sorry." He mumbled slowly then pulled the duvet and covered their frame and switch off the light after taking a last glance of her.

                              * * * * * * * * *

Randhir open his eyes with the first ray of the sun. He blinked his eyes and his eyes fall on Sanyukta. The last night's encounter flashed in his mind and he lowered his lashes in shame. He slowly got up from the bed with out disturbing her sleep and dashed inside the washroom. He came out after freshen up and saw her sleeping soundly, some confused lines appeared on his face.

"Sanyukta never sleep till this late." He thought and came near her, he touched her forehead to check her temperature.

"Fever toh nehi hain." He murmured under his breath. Just then Sanyukta open her eyes and saw Randhir there. She jerked his hand away and sat up on the bed with a jolt.

"From the next time if you came closer to me or try to touch me I'll kill you Randhir." She gritted her teeth.

"I just came to check." He replied slowly not meeting their gaze.

"Keya check karne aaye thay, ke kaal raat ki tumhari assault ke baad main zinda hu ke marr geyi?" She hissed in anger when Randhir lowered his lashes in guilt.