chapter 39

Danny's p.o.v.

I woke up to hear the baby monitor going off. I feel Lexi getting up, but I grab her wrist

"Stay" I say and get up. "I got it"

She smiled and got back into bed. I was half way down the hall when I heard her yell to me.

"If they don't stop crying in ten minutes I will personally end you"

I shook my head and laughed. I opened the twins door to see them looking at each other. Huh. I opened it all the way and they looked at me. I walked up and picked up Blossom I changed her. I put her in her crib and grabbed Leo and changed him. Then I went to the kitchen and made two bottles. Then rushed up stairs because the started crying again.

"Danny do you need help?" I heard Lexi ask from our room.

"Nope" I said popping the 'p'. I went in the room and grabbed both of them and sat in the rocking chair. Blossom in my left arm and Leo in my right. "So were you two talking about me or something?" I looked at each of them.

They just stared blankly at me. "Don't look at me like I'm the crazy one. I came in here and saw you two looking at one an other and come on that has to mean you were talking about me" I was about to say something else when I heard a slight giggle from the doorway which made me look up instantly.

"You know they can not understand you, right?" she said to me and gave me one of her perfect smiles.

"Yeah, but I like talking to them" I say them look down at them.

"Danny" I look back up at her. "I'm glad you're their father" she still gets nervous at the idea that I want and I'm happy to be their dad.

"Why do you always look nervous to say that? Are you afraid that I'm gonna leave or something?" okay listen I'm not mad so don't try and go like 'why is he so mad about the way she says stuff' I'm not I love her and the kids I just want to know what goes on in the pretty little head of hers.

"No Danny I don't think that. I'm just scared that one day this perfect little plan we have going on here will come back and bit us in the ass"

"This 'little plan' is about the lives of our kids and how we will raise them" I said I then got up and put the kids in their cribs so I'm not like shouting in their ears and what not.

"I know that Danny" she said giving me a death glare.

"Then why are you so scared?" I ask. I may have raised my voice a little...a lot.

"Because I'm scared of him!" she said. I knew who she meant. She meant William. We still haven't found out how he escaped or where he is, but we do know he took Sarah with him. I don't know why. Probably as a hostage, but whatever reason it is we'll find him.

"Lexi he is gone, for now, so just let us live our lives right now and make memories with our kids"

"The key words in that sentence was for now we don't know where he is or what he is planning and its been like a week now. Something is gonna happen I know it. And if people get hurt it will be all my fault!" she said. Her voice held sadness and confusion and anger.

"HOW will it be your fault Lexi?!" she grabbed my arm and guided me down stairs. I was so caught up in the argument I didn't realize we were still in the kids room.

"It will be my fault because I was his mate. He knows where we are, who I am, who you are, and he basically knows everything about this pack. And that's all because of me!" she started tearing up.