chapter 8

"Jay!" I ran up to him and was trying to get his hand off of Braden's neck. But it was no luck.

"I told you I was gonna kill this asshole"

He didn't know that this is Brayden? Well his stupidity hasn't changed much.

"This isn't William you idiot, this is Brayden" he looked at me then back at Brayden. Then he let go of him and he dropped on the floor like a sack of potatoes. I ran to him, It's my fault, I forgot to tell him. I'm so stupid.

"Brayden, I'm so sorry"

"Lexi this is not your fault" he was struggling to catch his breath at the end.

"Jay you piece of shit" I pushed him.

"I told you I was gonna kill him. So that's what I was aiming for" he acted confused.

"William! You said you would kill William you idiot"

"Well, he smells like him"

"That's because William is apart of his pack"

"Lexi why are you mad? I was trying to protect you"

"Protected me? You didn't try to protect me when we were kids! Because you we're the one that hurt me! So if you had to protect me from anyone it would be from you!"

I ran out of the house in tears. I heard them calling my name, but I couldn't go back. I got all the way to the river. I would go here when I was upset as a kid. So I figured why not go when I'm upset now. When I got there I just walked around. I reached the big tree that was on the other side, it brought back so many memories, but one in particular.

"Hello?" I shouted as I walk father down the stream.

"Hello" someone responded.

"Where are you?"

"Up here" I looked up to see a boy.

"Come down?" he just looked at me for a couple seconds then started to climb down.

"What's your name?" he didn't sound scary or mean and he didn't look like he would hurt me, but I'll still be careful.

"I'm Danny. Who are you?"

"Lexi" He looked so familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. "I'm sorry, but have we met before? You seem so familiar"

"Well are you apart of this pack?" he pointed towards the pack I had just ran from.

"Yes, you?" he looked at me confused.

"Yes, but I've never seen you round before"

"Well I'm home schooled and my mom and dad don't like me to go outside of the house with my brother being with me in public" I honestly don't know why I told him this, but it felt right.

"Oh, well it's very nice to meet you Lexi" he said while holding his hand out for me to take.

"You too dann-" I was cut off by him pulling me down a hill "what are you doing?" we stopped directly next to the river.

"Wanna go swimming?" he dropped my hand and started removing his shirt.

"I...ummm....sure" I had a tank top and shorts on so I decided to swim in that. Danny kept his shorts on thank god, but then he pushed me in. He just laughed then brought his hand out to help me out. So I grabbed his hand and pulled him in.

"Wow I was trying to help you and you do that? I actually should have seen that coming"

"Yeah you should have" we started laughing

The memory of the day me and Danny met just played over and over again in my head. I decided to climb the big tree. I used to wait for him up there so maybe it will help me relax. Out seemed like only a few minutes had past before I heard someone calling my name and when I looked down I saw my father walking towards me.

"Lexi? Come down" at that point I realized it was already night. I climbed down without saying a word. I walked home in silence. Walked right past Jay and went to bed. Didn't say good night, didn't say I love you, didn't say a word.
---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!! I'm so so so so Sorry about the extremely late update! 😭😭😭💔 I'm sorry!! I have been dealing with stuff and that has caused my writing time to be cut back so I'll try to fix that.

Vote and comment!

-Hope 🐷