chapter 20

***Lexis p.o.v.***

Sammy called me and told me to come over right away. That's it. No explanation, no reason, no time, all she told me was get to her house a.s.a.p. With knowing Samantha I rushed over as fast as I could. When I got there she was pacing back and forth with some girl in her room.

"Sammy what's wrong?" she looked at me then at the girl. "Dame it Samantha! Did you cheat on Levi with this chick?!" she looked taken back. Oh...was the not it.

"No! She's Levis cousin. Also the girl I thought he was cheating on me with" cousin. Well...okay. That just happened.

"Then what's up?"

"My mom, dad, and sister are coming" hell no!

"Are you kidding me?" this has to be a joke there is no way they would know where she is. They don't even remember her birthday!

"And..."

"And what?" great! Something else.

"They're bringing...Max" HELL NO!

"NO! THEY CAN'T! HE'S A WORTHLESS PRICK THAT DESERVES TO ROT IN HELL!" Max abused Samantha anytime and anywhere. He didn't care who was around. He tried to rape her once as well, but its a good thing I was there. I would have freaking killed the guy if she would have let me.

"That's what I thought" Levis cousin said out of no where. Wait. What's her name?

"I'm sorry, but I never got your name"

"Oh I'm sorry! Its Stephany. Samantha said yours is Alexis. Is that right?" she's nice. Glad I had Danny come before I did. I might of missed an opportunity to be her friend because I was determined to rip her fave off. Yep that's right! Her face!

"Yes, but Lexi is fine as well" she gave me a smile and a nod.

"Lexi I asked you to come because you already know everything about theses...people" more like wastes of skin to me. "And I'm about to tell Levi everything and I need you there with me" this is hard for her. You can tell. The way she doesn't make eye contact with either of us. The only thing that she can look at is the floor. As if she is studying it. Like its the last time she'll ever see it.

"Okay. Well when are we doing this then?" I was eager to get through this. For Samantha's sake. She doesn't want to do it at all, but the more she looks around the more her eyes grow worried. Worried that he will reject her because of her past. The thing she doesn't realize is that Levi loves her, no matter what. She has never known the feeling of love. Not from her parents, sister, and then her boyfriend that swore that he loved her didn't. Then I came along. I love Sammy like my own sister. It took a long time to get the close connection we have now. She always thought I would leave. But I kept coming back. She couldn't get rid of me...and she knew it.

"Now" Stephany spoke for her. Only because we both knew Sammy wouldn't speak at all. There's something off about her. Like she has something to hide. It may not be easy to get her to tell me, but I'll certainly try. I got Sammy to trust me. I can try to get her to as well. Like I said, I want to be her friend, so I want to know more about her. Which won't be easy. But nothing ever is.

"Okay, lets go" me and Stephany got out the door and turned around to see Sammy just standing there. Still...like a statue. It was like she was a life less body stuck standing up. Like she dare not move and dare not speak. As if something bad would happen if she opened her mouth and said what she has to say. I walk slowly to her and grab her hand. Letting her know I'm here got her. That I will always be. Like I always have been. Since the day we crossed paths.