Lions and Angel Wings (Jason McCann)

Her back rested against the headboard of the bed, her knees locked. Her hand glided across the page that featured only her pencils marks. The sound of lead being put upon paper was all that could be heard.

In front of her was Jason McCann, the man who was notoriously powerful and handled anything from guns to drugs in a normal working day. He sat, pencils in hand, drawing her as she sketched anything that came to mind.

"How's it going?" she asked, meaning she shattered the hourlong silence they were just in.

"I'm still a little shit at hands and fingers, but I don't think I've fucked up your face too much," he muttered, his eyes never leaving the paper resting on his knees.

"You draw me everytime. Why?"

He finally glanced up at her, but it wasn't for long because his eyes quickly shifted back down to the paper.

"You're the most beautiful thing in my life, I have nothing else I wanna recreate," he said mindlessly, clearly having no idea how much it touched her heart. "And you're at your most beautiful when you're drawing; you look at it like it's everything to you, I've seen you look at me that way before. I like capturing it."

Six Months Ago

"You're so perfect," Jason muttered, speaking for the first time in a while. His head rested against her arm as her other created art on her paper. They'd been sat there for over an hour.

It had become a usual routine ever since Jason had found out she enjoyed creating art. He'd sit and watch her for hours, not moving even when she crumpled the paper in annoyance and threw it across the room so she could start again. He'd simply watch her.

"How do you draw so well? It's insane," he said and she smiled, feeling her cheeks flush.

"I've always enjoyed it, so I just never stopped," she replied, her eyes focusing on the paper that was slowly becoming filled with pencil marks.

"Do you think you'd be any good at tattooing? I'd love for you to ink me," he said, now looking up at her. She looked down to see his hair was stuck up in all different directions and he looked tired, but not in a bad way.

She shrugged. "I don't know, I'd have to try it one day, although I doubt anyone would be willing to come near me when I have a huge needle in my hand," she chuckled, she felt his hand on her thigh. She tried to not think about it.

"I would," he said quickly. "Maybe we can make it happen one day."

She agreed, but she hadn't the slightest idea where she'd ever have the opportunity.

"Maybe I could teach you how to draw," she said suggestively and paused her hand movements to look down at him. He looked unsure if he could accept, but as though he was seconds from giving in.

Present

It only seemed like yesterday to [Y/N] that she'd sit and have Jason watch her, that hadn't happened in so long; he was busy doing his own thing now.

Instead of sitting close by her side, he'd sit across from her so he could add another drawing to his collection. She loved the concentration in his gaze, and made small glances in his direction just to see it every now and then.

"Jason, weren't you supposed to be going somewhere at six?" she asked after catching sight of the clock behind his head. He didn't move as she spoke.

"Uh, yeah," he mumbled. "What time is it now?"

"Well, it'll be six o'clock in ten minutes," she said hesitantly; scared of his reaction. She almost felt as though she'd made him late.

"Fuck," he spat and frowned as he dropped the pencils and paper on the bed beside him, upside down so that she couldn't see. "Shit."