Always On My Mind

Justin stood close to her, she could feel his breath on her face, warming her skin. It gave her some sense of comfort to feel him. "Please," He whispered.

The tears in his eyes mirrored her own; threatening to fall but yet to do so. His hair was ruffled and tangled due to his fingers travelling through it so much as he became frustrated. His nose was red even though he hadn't let the tears fall.

He looked awful. She was certain she looked equally as bad, maybe even worse.

She didn't speak. "Maybe I didn't treat you like you deserve, maybe I didn't treat you as good as I should have, or maybe, maybe I didn't love you enough, maybe I didn't spend enough hours of the day telling you how much I adore you. I do, I adore you so, so much." His hands balled into fists, he attempted to touch her, she moved away only slightly.

"Justin-"

"No. Whatever it is, the reason you're doing this, let me fix it." He wanted nothing more than to grab and never let go. He wanted to go back to the time when he could touch her and she wouldn't jerk away, when he was what made her feel like home; safe. "If it's those little things that I should have said or done to make you happy, those things I never took the time to do. I'll do them." She only sighed, his heart clenched in his chest. He wanted this to be over, he wanted them to hold each other and never let go.

"It's not enough." She sympathised with him. She wanted to hug him, hold him, and tell him that nothing was wrong, that nothing was changing.

"You take over everything I do. You're always there, every hour of every day. You were always on my mind, you always are." He whispered, only pain and desperation behind his words. "I guess I never showed my love and appreciation for you; I'm so happy that you're mine, babygirl. I'm so proud to call you mine." His voice was only weakening, his energy levels were dropping as he saw no turn approaching the conversation.

"If I made you feel insecure, unimportant, second best, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was blind. I'm sorry I couldn't see what I had when I had it." A single tear ran quickly down his cheek, I approached his chin. "But please, please tell me that your love for me hasn't died. Give me one chance to make you happy, to satisfy you, I need you." She stood helplessly.

She wanted to simply reach out and fall into his arms, to drown herself in his presence so she didn't have to face the reality. "I don't know anymore, Justin. I don't know what we are anymore." She she shook her head, feeling her own tears running down her neck.

They stood in the silence, watching each other. The tension only rose as the seconds passed. The love they felt spilled out of their chests and collided together, creating an energy that winded the two of them.