Ellen Interview

"So, Justin. I've got a question for you. I'm a talk show host, you think I'd have lots of questions for you but every time you come here we get off track and end up talking about either your hair or your wife." Ellen sat across from Justin as the camera rolled, the audience laughed at her comment, as did Justin.

"That's true, but they're both important subject so I don't mind." Justin laughed and smirked at Ellen as he shifted in his seat.

"We could talk about your butt and it'd be an important subject, let's admit it. Anyway," She laughed before carrying on. "Uh, in your opinion, what was the best part of your teenage years? You know, everyone has watched you grow up and have their own opinions, but what do you think?"

You'd met Justin when you were just teenagers, it's those memories that you held onto dearly. You hoped he'd bring those memories up, just to prove they meant something to him to. But you wouldn't be mad or upset if he didn't.

Holding onto your daughters hand as you stood to the side with her, watching Justin's interview. She smiled and gleamed as she watched her dad.

"My favourite? Gosh, that's hard to choose, there's so many." He chuckled as he ran his hand up and down his cheek, his elbow resting on the arm of the chair. "Uh, probably being with my ex-girlfriend. Being with Selena, it was new for me at the time and it was all fun, we were so in love. Obviously it didn't work out like we wanted it to but I'm grateful for the time I had with her. I think a part of me will always love her dearly."

It was like a blow to the stomach. You saw a few heads turn your way as they all remembered you and your daughter running to stand there. You felt winded as your jaw hit the floor, did he seriously just say that? The look on Ellen's face was the same as everyone else's as she glanced in our direction.

Justin, on the other hand, looked confused to say the least. Your daughter had no idea, she was still smiling proudly at her dad.

You felt hurt and embarrassment run through you as you picked your daughter up and pulled her away, the states and the pity looks becoming too much for you. On the screen, you saw Justin laughing and carrying on the interview as normal, having no idea what he'd opened up.