Sickness and Hair Tugging

I listened to Justin's groans and huffs of annoyance coming from the other room as I laid in the bath, letting out my own expressions of frustration as I tried to relax.

"[Y/N]! Baby!" His voice croaked through the room, making me sigh. I called back, letting him know I'd heard him. "Can you come here?!" A series of splutters and wheezing followed his words, making me climb reluctantly out of the steaming, hot water.

I wrapped the softness of the towel around my body, feeling the water droplets glaze down my back. The cold air hit the surface of my body as I stepped out of the bathroom. Upon reaching our bedroom, I saw Justin draped across the bed hopelessly, drowning in self-pity while his nose dripped and his throat itched. I watched him from the door frame with my arms folded over my chest.

"Help." He whispered. It was probably all he could do, given his current health. "Everything aches. I feel like I'm going to throw up and sneeze at the same time." He showed no signs of crawling out of this state. The covers were wrapped tightly around his entire body so he was presented in a cocoon like shape. I refrained myself from smiling at his cuteness.

I shook my head. "Can I say it? I'm just gonna say it: I told you so." I tilted my head to look at him as he simply pouted, looking like an abandoned puppy. "I told you dancing in the rain wasn't as fun and romantic as it is in the movies, you seemed to forget the high chances of pneumonia that comes with it." An 'I'm-right-and-you're-wrong' smile settled on my face, feeling pity for the poor, cold-ridden boyfriend before me but not wanting to show it just yet.

"Okay, fine, I get it. I won't offer next time, okay? Just come hold me." I could tell he was becoming frustrated as the pounding feeling in his head was probably increasing as the conversation moved on. The sun shined through the window and illuminated the whole room, not doing Justin any favours. I sighed and proceeded to close the curtains, every corner of the room slowly turned pale and blank as I trapped the brightness out. I heard a sigh of relief.

I took into consideration, the towel that held my body covered as I took my place on the bed, making sure to keep a firm hold on it. Not that I had anything against Justin seeing my body, I simply knew the second he caught sight of my wet, revealed body, the possibility of pity sex or 'I'm-sick-and-you-know-how-to-make-me-feel-better' sex would be suggested. I sat up right, looking down at him as he looked at me expectantly.

"Go on." He craned his neck sideways to look at me. Once he realised I wasn't moving, he took a hold of my hand and dropped it in his ruffled hair. It stook up due to the amount of tossing and turning he'd been doing all night. His eyes fell shut and a smile lit up his tired face when he felt me grip a handful of his hair in my palm. "Mm." I astonished me how such a small gesture could keep him content, while showing so much affection. I continued to tug on his hair.

"So," I spoke with a soft, calm voice, careful not to alarm him. "How long until you stop milking this whole cold thing?" I let out a small chuckle as I watched him turn his head and frown at me.

He sighed. He pulled the sheets up to his chin and turned on his side so that he was facing me. "Whatever," He closed his eyes. "If I wake up in the morning and I'm dead...Wait." His eyes opened and he looked confused, causing me to only laugh more. He huffed and sunk deeper into the warmth of the sheets.

"You're so cute," I admired him, my hand still running through his hair. I scanned the pinkness of his cheeks and the dryness of his lips; his lips were parted sighting due to his incapability to breath through his nose. I felt a deep sense of nostalgia and instantly felt sympathy for him as I examined his visible signs of sickness. "And you know I'm joking. I'm here to feed you and play with you hair for as long as you need." I coo'ed down at him to which he swuinted his eyes, as though mentally determining whether I was being honest or just plainly mocking him.

"How about you make me feel good in some other way?" He suggested subtly, making me roll my eyes. "What? Just because I'm sick, doesn't mean the snake doesn't need some fresh air." He stated almost as a matter of fact.

"Snake? Really?" I laughed, that was all I could do, in slight attempt it would change the subject. Not that I didn't desire being felt up by a snotty, sneezing, wheezing boy.

"You know it, babygirl." He only just managed to finish his sentence before he sneezed into the crease between his lower and upper arm. "Oh, God, I feel like shit." He groaned, instantly giving up on his sexual needs and surrendering to the bug that was effecting his body.

I didn't say anything as I watched Justin collapse further into the bed in exhaustion. I played with the ends of his hair and watched his chest move up and down only just a little faster than normal. Feeling my only body relax under the silence.