Droplets* (Jason McCann)

The only sound throughout the whole house, at least what [Y/N] could hear, was the water coming out of the shower head from above her. She could feel the steam hugging her body and she happily fell into it.

Just like it had been at eleven o'clock at night for the last week or so, the house was empty and silent except for her. She was taking her fifth shower alone, but she tried not to think about Jason as she ran her hands over her body.

She sighed when the hot water caused a flush under skin and sent tingles through her body.

It was almost unbearable, the heat. It caused her to feel suffocated, and as though someone was holding a cloth against her mouth so she couldn't breathe. She ignored it and lathered her body instead.

Downstairs, there was a thud. It startled [Y/N] and made her heart come alive behind her ribcages; as far as she knew, she was home alone. Jason made the effort of texting her - just like every other night - to tell her he wouldn't be making it home.

Every day at around six o'clock she'd practically be expecting a text that read 'Not gonna be home until late, don't wait up. Love you' or something of the sort. [Y/N] never replied, meaning her phone was clogged up with his messages.

Taking the shampoo bottle in her hand, she had to make sure it didn't slip out of her grip. She squirted it onto her hands before running it through her hair, making sure to massage her scalp.

She tried not to overthink as she heard more noises, only closer. The shower seemed to be getting hotter as her pulse quickened. Turning to face the wall, she pressed her forehead against the cold tile. It caused a shiver down her spine.

While it was soothing to have the warmth of the water against her, making her feel surrounded, she couldn't help but miss the way Jason's arms wrapped around her body. She'd barely seen him; he'd come in in the early morning and somehow, still be out before she woke up.

There was a loud, shrill slam of a door directly behind her before a pair of cold hands hit her hips. She gasped loudly.

"What's the matter, babydoll?" she heard a whisper directly into her right ear. Her heart started stammering in her chest at the familiar voice, and the roughness of it.

"Jason," she whispered, her eyes fluttered shut when he bit down on her neck before licking it with his warm tongue.

"You okay?" he rasped, his hands moving around to her stomach. "You look sad."

"How do you know I look sad? I haven't even looked at you yet," she laughed and let her head fall back so it rested on his shoulder.

"Your shoulders are drooped, and you're pressing your head against the wall, it was just an inkling," he said, pressing his cheek against hers. "Now, tell me what's wrong while I wash the shampoo out of your hair. Don't you dare say nothing unless you want an angry Jason." [Y/N] was sure he was grinning devilishly, she could feel his eyes burning into the side of her face.

"I've just missed you, that's all," she muttered. She shut her eyes as she felt Jason's fingers slowly travelling through her hair.

"I've missed you too. I've missed seeing you like this, I've missed this soft hair of yours, and this tight, little body," he growled and she flushed. "But you know what I've missed most?" he asked and she shook her head. "I've missed our nightly showers."

"Me too," she sighed.

His hands abandoned her scalp and she whimpered. "You can't be greedy, babygirl," he chuckled into her ear and pulled her close against his chest. "Then again, we should make up for lost time, don't you think? I think you deserve six showers worth of my devotion. What do you say?"