"Shaam ko ready rehna and don't be late, mujhe wait karna pasand nahi." He said and left when Sanyukta pressed the doorbell.

The door opened the next moment and her heartbeat was getting faster as she saw her mother standing at the door.

"Maa..." Sanyukta hugged her mother instantly.

"Kaisi hai, damad ji nahi aaye?" Anju asked Sanyukta, looking at her back.

Sanyukta's smile faded away while listening to Randhir's name. She informed that he will come in the evening. Just then Kishor ji came there, saw that Sanyukta rushed to him and hugged him. She was really very happy to see her papa when Kishor ji acted opposite. He told Anju to take care of her and went inside. It's clear that he was not happy to see her. Sanyukta was hurt to see her papa's cold behavior but she chose to keep mum.

Just then all the aunties from their neighbour came and started chatting with Anju. Some were praising Sanyukta's saree while others were praising her jewelry. All were talking about her beauty, good nature and behavior. In their eyes Sanyukta was the most ideal daughter and girl in this world.

Sanyukta smiled inwardly to hear all those. They were the same people who passed sarcastic comments about her family. They used to taunt her and her family and used ill comments about her nature and character every now and then just a few weeks before.

Sanyukta wants to laugh at them and wants to ask them if money buys good character too! But she chose to keep mum again. The rest of the day was painful for Sanyukta as her family behaved coldly and formally with her. She prepared tea for her papa but Kishor ji refused that and said she should not have done something like this as she was a guest here only. Sanyukta got hurt as her own father considered her as a guest but not his daughter, but she was determined to melt his father's heart so she decided to cook for her father. At lunch time they all gathered for lunch.

"Anju damad ji shaam ko aayenge dekhna unka swagat mein koi kami na rahe. Koi shikayat ka mauka mat dena unhe." Kishor ji said firmly.

"Ji aap chinta mat kijiye." Anju assured him.

"Ankit tum meethai aur gifts sab lekar aaye ho na?" Kishor ji asked again.

"Ji papa main sab lekar aaya hu, aap chinta mat kariye." Ankit replied.

"Jab baat izzat ki hoti hai tab chinta hoti hai!" Kishor ji said eyed at Sanyukta.

"Papa paneer, maine banaya hai. Aap ko bahut pasand hai na!" She smiled and was about to serve Kishor when he stopped her.

"Anju maine tumhe kaha tha na iss ka dhyan rakhne ko toh phir ye kitchen mein kya kar rahi thi? Ek kaam thik se nahi hota tumse!" Kishor ji shouted thus Sanyukta's face fell.

"Papa maa ne mana kiya tha but maine zid kiya..." Sanyukta tried to say but Kishor ji interrupted.

"Aur tum bandh karo apni manmani, mehmaan ho mehmaan ki tarha raho!" Kishor ji said and that's it Sanyukta lost all her calm.

Since that college incident her family went against her, all were angry with her. Their rude and cold behavior made her broken from inside. The taunts of their neighbors, the mocking words of her friends made her fragile from inside. She was bearing all the pain and sorrow silently, but today all her silence was broken by herself.

"Mehmaan! Ab main sirf ek mehmaan hu aap ke liye papa, aap ki beti nahi!" She was shocked.

"Boliye papa, bolo na maa! Jab Se aayi hu aap logo ne mujhse thik se baat tak nahi kiya! Mujhe laga aap naraz ho main mana lungi aap ko, lekin aap ko toh uss Randhir ki padi huyi hai meri koi parwah hi nahi aap logo ko!" Sanyukta said bitterly.