25. Chapter Wait until the storm is over

YOUR POV

I wake up and lay on a comfortable couch. Three very familiar faces leaning over me with worried facial expressions.

"She's awake. What happened?"

"Are you okay, boo?"

"Boys boys boys...slowly.", Giovanni soothed Ciccio and Justin.

What is going on here?

Why is Justin here?

I'm totally confused but I can't stop staring into his beautiful, warm eyes. I raise my hand and stroke him on his perfect face.

"Am I dreaming?", I ask in a whisper.

He shakes his head, moistened his lips and smiles weakly, as he stroked my hair lovingly.

I tried to sit up but I became dizzy.

"Sis, slowly. Stay down please, you're still in shock.", Giovanni asks me.

A few seconds went by, as the reality hit me.

"Vito-o.", I stuttered.

"Baby, calm, he isn't here. You're safe now.", Justin assured me.

I set myself up and looked around. I'm in Giovanni's living room. I breathe deeply several times, and slowly feel better.

Giovanni leans down to my ear and whispers: "Are you okay? Shall Ci and I leave you and Justin alone for a moment?"

I just nodded and looked up at him thankfully. Both exchanged knowing glances.

Giovanni and Ciccio went into the kitchen to fetch me a water, so I was alone with Justin.

"You are here.", I whisper in disbelief. "Why?"

"I had to save you, to be your hero forever.", he says with a gentle smile.

"If you hadn't come, I'd be dead.", I realized anxious.

He sat down beside me, gently and took me in his arms.

"I thank God that he has led me to you on the right time.", Justin said and kissed my forehead.

Ciccio has placed my water on the coffee table and leaves the room again. From the kitchen I heard the two discuss.

"Justin I'm so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. Never. I had no other..."

"Shh, I know. I knew it from the beginning, your eyes have betrayed you.", he interrupted me.

I looked up at him, we exchanged intenstive glances, he took my face in his palms and kissed me as I've never been kissed in my life before.

I smiled into the kiss and could feel that he did the same.

"You are truly my hero."

He smiled at me and kissed me again.

"You have no idea how much you mean to me, Justin."

"Shh, I know, boo. You are overwhelmed by all this, please don't say it now. You are still under shock.", he said kind of sad, as he placed his finger on my lips.

Why can't I tell him what I feel? I looked at him confused but wasn't ready to start a discussion right now, so I changed the subject.

"I'm starving.", I whispered.

He chuckled and nodded: "Let's go get something to eat and then sleep, it's late."

We are in the kitchen with the boys. Giovanni has prepared us something to eat. No one came up with the idea to ask me out about the action, earlier this night.