8. Chapter Fredo

Luckily, an old lady was kind and drove you back to Agrigento.

When you finally arrived in your apartment, you first took a long shower, and then lied in your cozy bed.

You're still drained by the recent incidents of the last days and hours.
You can't understand how all this could happen, and you wonder if you'll ever see him again. 

He was so different…so vicious.
But nevertheless, you already miss him.  
You feel empty and abused, but oddly enough you're afraid he might leave you.
You can't stop glancing at your phone every now and then, in the hope that he calls. You wonder whether you should write him or call him.

'Does he have any worries of me being stuck in the middle of nowhere, is he worrying about my possible death?' You ask yourself.
With tears in your eyes and his music in your ears, you finally fall asleep.  

JUSTIN POV  

I hope she is safe. 
I have to talk to someone about it. Am I overreacting?

I need someone who can give me a piece of advice. 

I have so many bad experiences with women who have taken advantage of me. Where as a human-being, I didn't matter to them.
I hope she isn't another. I need to call Fredo.  
"Yo bro, whats good? Where the heck are you? Are you okay man?" I hadn't spoken to him in a while.

"Man Fredo, you have no idea. Do you have some time? It's a long ass story and I could use your opinion," I said.  "But first tell me how've you been. I gotta say I've missed you."

"I'm all the same. I miss you too. Especially your pranking little ass." I can hear him chuckle over the phone. "Yeah, it's all good with me," he continues, "so what about you?"

"I'll start from the beginning..."

"Good idea, man" he interrupts me.

One and a half hour later:

"What do you think?" I ask a quiet Fredo.

"I'm sorry to say this, but you messed up! I think you're blaming the wrong person. It isn't (Y/N)'s fault that you've had so many bad experiences, plus you know I love you, but how could you let her stay there all by herself after everything that's happened? I mean, who knows if she's dead or alive? Or if the mobster is following her? Man, have you at least called her to make sure she's alright in her apartment?"

"No, I didn't," I concede, running by hands through my hair and feeling like shit.

"Man, what the heck? Hang up and call her!" Fredo demanded.

"Even if I call her and she's fine, I'm sure she won't pick up the phone. Dammit. I'm such a fucking douchebag."

"At least try!" Fredo said. "I'm sure she's fine, but bro, you have to fix that. If you really like her you'll do what I'm telling you. And to be honest, after all you've told me about her, she seems like a great girl you don't want to loose."

"Fuck, you're right. Thanks man, you're the best. I'll call you soon. I need to take care of this. Love you bro."

"Sure, just let me know if you need anything. And let me know if you find her."

"I will." I assure him, and end the call.   
I know what to do, but I'm hesitant.  
What am I waiting for? Damn, it's not easy to call her somehow. What if she doesn't answer? What if she does?
Come on! Be a man, Bieber!
I look at my phone for a beat, then just decide to do it before I lose my will.
ring ring ring

"Hello?" I hear a gentle voice say.

"(Y/N), where are you? Are you okay?" I ask her, doing my best to sound composed.

"Yes, I'm fine." She whispers on the phone shyly.  

"Thank God, I couldn't sleep the whole night. I've been so worried about you. I'm sorry that I left you alone. I was so angry. I haven't been thinking clearly. That's no excuse, I know but..."  

"It isn't." She interrupts me. "Justin, I'm not like the other women you compare me with. And it's insulting to me for you to categorize me with them. I thought you knew me better, but you obviously don't." She's cold and distant.

Neither of us say anything.

"(Y/N) sweetie, I have no idea what got into me." I admit.

"From the way you were I'm not surprised you're calling me and being sorry. You really hurt me and I want you to know that. I can't understand my stupidity. The thought of never seeing you again pains me deeply, but then I think of how you treated me. I just don't know. You were so disrespectful and so different from the guy I first met. Anyway, I have promised myself that I would never let someone treat me like this again." I hear her sniffling a little over the phone.  

"I respect that." I started. "And I respect you. I'm going to fix my mistakes. I'm going to make up for everything." I mean every word I'm telling her.   

"I haven't slept much, Justin. I need some time to think."

"Okay. Just to let you know, I'm going to stay in Sicily. I'm going to stay until I'm worth forgiving, (Y/N)"

"I see, well I'll get back in touch with you when I'm ready." These words of her's brought me promise and relief.

"Alright, I'll leave you alone and give you the time you need now."

"Bye." Is all she simply said.
We ended the call. I texted Fredo and walked into the bathroom.  
I took off all my clothes and got in the shower.
The warm water runs down my bare and tired body. 

I groan in relief. It feels good and relaxing.
After a half hour I step out of the shower and put a towel around my waist.
I stare at my reflection in the mirror looking disappointed at myself.

I place my hands on the the edge of the sink with my head bowed down asking myself 'How could I overreact like this?'
She has opened up to me. She was so honest and I...
She really deserves better. 

The fact that she took my call is a miracle. She means something to me and I'm not going to lose her over such a stupid fight.

END POV