9. Chapter Beach Party

Two days have passed in which you and Justin haven't seen each other, with the exception of phone calls and messages.

You've sent each other funny Snapchats and made small videos of the places you've traveled during the last few days. You're still very hurt but that doesn't change the fact that you really like him. 
The situation has changed, you see him as a normal man rather than a sensational pop star, and something about him is simply amusing to you. He gives a whole lot of effort to win you back.  

Tonight, a big party will be taking place down at the beach. You notified Justin, but it is tentative on whether youre going or not. He is not officially your date for the night, but you hope that he comes.

You are relatively late. After a shower, you get dressed.

You wear boyfriend jeans and a simple top. As a precaution, you take a light jacket as it can get chilly on the beach at night. You tie your long hair in a messy bun and put some makeup on. Lastly, a pair of earrings and a necklace. Perfect. You pack your little purse and go off to the beach.  

Hundreds of people were there. Each beach bar was open and different genres of music blared from the speakers. The mood was at its high point. Exactly the right time for you to start the party.  

Once there, a handsome young Italian comes up to you. There is seemingly not much of an age difference, maybe 3 years. He offered his hand while asking you to dance with him, although the question is superfluous, since you are not allowed to say no around here but it will be asked out of courtesy anyway. Saying 'no' is disrespectful.  

“Sì, mi piace”, you answer politely and follow him on the wooden dance floor that was built in the middle of the beach. (Yes, I like. -translation-)  

One of your favorite salsa songs just started. You begin to swing your hips, and follow the dance instructions of the man. He leads well and you feel free again. You two, blissfully dance the night away. After, you kindly thank each other and go your seperate ways. You look around, searching for a not too crowded bar.  

After you've ordered your drink, you sat on a low cement divider to rest. And yes, from there you can also have a very well overview on the whole situation, so you can look out for Justin. Anxiousness grows inside of you while you desperately wait on him. You just can't wait to see him again.

His eyes, his smile, his beautiful hands and his lovely scent.

You hope fervently that he shows up today. The last two days without him was boring. Normally, you have great friends on Sicily, but unfortunately they themselves are on vacation, over in the U.S.. You wish they were here to steer you, also you miss them both very much.

They are like brothers to you. You've decided to call one of the two.

ring ring ring

Unfortunately, no one answers the phone. Disappointed, you look at your phone and scroll through the pictures that you have taken in the last few days. Pictures of you and Justin. You realize how happy you look when you're around him.

You smile and send Justin one of them. A selfie of you and him in the car on the way to Palermo.  

A few seconds went by when you got a message from him.

From 'handsome':

'I have to admit, we look real good together;)'  

You giggle.  

To 'handsome':

'hihihi...a bit ;)'  

From handsome:  

'sweety, where are you?'  

You've taken a picture of the beach, and decide on posting it to Instagram. That's when you notice a very familiar man. You realize how your heart is beating faster, the butterflies in your stomach celebrate their own party and you're getting really nervous. He wears a cap, a T-shirt and basketball shorts. He looks flawless, like always. He stands at the edge of the dance floor and watched the people dancing. He pulls his phone from his pocket.  

It seems as if he is taking a picture. A few seconds later, your pocket vibrates. 
You get out your phone and look at the display:

'Snapchat from Handsome'.  

You radiate joy all over your entire face. You open the picture and see that he has sent you a selfie with the text:

'I'm waiting for my salsa classes, where are you?:)'  

You have taken a picture of your almost empty glass and written:

'Where am I ;)?'  

When he got the picutre, he began to look around for you. You have sent him another message:

'I can see you :)'

You could see from afar how he laughed. The moment when he almost looked in your direction a woman came up to him. She seems to ask him if he wants to dance because the woman takes him by the hand and pulls him on the dance floor. He quickly slides his phone in his pocket and goes with her to the dance floor. You can't help but laugh. He looks so helpless. You're going to get closer to take a photo of the event.

'I see you've found someone else who can teach you how to dance salsa. ;)', you texted him including the picture. You returned to your usual spot and have amused yourself abundantly. He wasn't so bad, to be honest. But not surprisingly, the guy is so talented, is there anything he is not good at?  

The dance is over and your phone is buzzing again.

'You had the chance ;)' by Handsome.  

You called him:

“Hey Handsome.”  

“Hello beautiful, please help me before the next comes and wants to dance with me.”, he begged.  

You laugh, and instructed him: “Turn around and now look up. I'm sitting here on the wall.”  

So he did and when he sees you, he jogs to you with a smile on his face. You get up, he held out his arms to ask for a hug. You accept gratefully and lean in to tightly hug him. He grasps tightly to your torso and press you close to him.  

“I'm really glad to see you again. I'm thankful you still talk to me.”, he whispers in your ear.  

“Yes, so am I.”, you say with an ironic voice and laugh. You continued to dance until you were filled with fatigue.